• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud File Syncing.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had a quick question, so I have adobe cc on two devices. 1, on my PC which I use the most to edit premiere Rush and premiere Pro videos. And I have it so that it syncs the files and media to CC. However due to this, I recently noticed that my laptop had nearly no storage left. And most of it was being used up by the files I have synced from my PC. So I went to the CC settings on my laptop and Paused the file syncing. However there are still a lot of files that have been already synced now taking up space on my laptop. So basically, will deleting those files from my laptop also delete them from CC and my pc? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

no, if you leave syncing paused.

syncing will remain paused unless you unpause it even through computer restarts and cc updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, if you leave syncing paused.

syncing will remain paused unless you unpause it even through computer restarts and cc updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so if i delete the files from my laptop while its paused i wont have to worry about it being deleted on my PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct.

but this is a good time to backup your sync'd files so they're secure.  adobe's cloud storage is not such a system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So I'll make sure to back it all up. Is there a easy way to select everything in CC and copy-paste it to a external drive? (On Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, just right mousedown and drag > click copy here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, I try to delete my file, and it is deleting both files. How about you?

Turns out this CC cloud things is not lifesaving for hardisk storage but it duplicate file multiple times through system, and eat the freespace. It just help for multi device/team editing, but not hardisk efficiency since all the files we put on cloud will cost the hardisk as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not for file storage.  adobe's cloud files are for collaboration with others and with yourself on other devices.

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what is the solution for this? I'm having the same issue where I thought if I have files in Creative Cloud, it will not take storage space on my laptop. But that's not the case. Also, libraries are in the cloud, but in my case, all the files are syncing to my computer, which is also taking a lot of storage. I'm also trying to assign the folder to be on the Creative Cloud, but no luck. The settings are: Creative Cloud App > Adobe ID (top-right corner) > Preferences > Syncing > File Folder. Anything to resolve this will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the solution, if you want to use a cloud service as extra storage space, is to use a cloud service designed for that purpose.  ie, google it. there are plenty of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines