Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Creative Cloud Files Folder icon changed from CC icon to normal blue folder in Finder Sidebar

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud Desktop has just updated its version to 5.1.0.407 on my Macbook Pro 16 inch running Catalina 10.15.4 and my iMac 27 inch 5K running Mojave 10.14.6  and since thenI have noticed that the Creative Cloud Files folder is just a plain blue folder in the Mac Finder Sidebar.

I have made sure everything is as it should be and is active in the Finder Extensions Settings (Core Sync Helper) and rebooted several times and quit and restarted Creative Cloud. Sync is not paused or off so why on earth is the normal CC folder icon not populating the Finder sidebar?  Functionality seems to be unaffected and syncing of files is still happening across devices. It is just for some reason that since the last update has Creative Cloud Desktop has lost the ability to populate the familiar CC icon in the Finder sidebar like the Onedrive, iCloud Drive, Dropbox ones do for instance. I would be interested to know if anyone else has been affected following the update and that I am not just alone in this. Also, would be good if Adobe could comment on whether this is a recognised issue so I dont bother digging around trying to repair it.

Craig

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same thing for months, on all of my Macs. I've contacted Adobe support a few months ago and it didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to necro this topic because, as for November 2020, the issue persists. I think the last time I saw the icon was before Catalina release. Now I'm running Big Sur and obviously nothing has changed. I've tried to manage finder extensions from system preferences and nothing happened. Even reinstalling CC app altogether doesn't help. 

The files sync works just fine, but this visual bug is annoying, because you always have the doubt that something's wrong. 

This is what I see (Notice that a green check should also appear near the folder icon; instead, it doesn't).

Schermata 2020-11-17 alle 16.13.45.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on Big Sur. Making me crazy. I have this ugly File icon.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 11.03.09.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! HELP 

Schermata 2021-10-11 alle 14.28.58.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.28.14.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ugh! Same here. MacOS Monterey

tedp20274425_0-1636127512615.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines