• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files Taking Up Memory On Laptop

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I am using the Creative Cloud Desktop App on my Macbook pro. After getting a notification on my laptop that I have run out of storage space, I realised that all of the files I have saved in the Cloud are also saved on my laptop and using up a lot of memory.

This may be a silly question but how do I stop this or is it possible to do so? I thought Creative Cloud was a Cloud service, to free up space and eliminating the need to save large files onto my laptop.

Any help would be great thanks!

M.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Core Sync has always been a dumpster fire for resource drain. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 8.21.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Core Sync and it's related processes. I'm not seeing this behavior on my systems so it is most likely something related to your installation of the Creative Cloud desktop app or a conflict between some of the Core Sync processes and other software on your system. A few questions to better understand the scenerio.

• Are you using a Windows or Mac computer and which version of the operating system?
  • Is your operating system completely up to date?
  • Which version of the Creative Cloud desktop app are you using? Is it completely up to date?
  • What troubleshooting have you tried in relation to the issue so far?
  • Has it always done this since you have had your Creative Cloud membership or is this something which just started happening recently?
  • Do you use any third-party anti-virus software other than what is included with the operating system?

This info will help on offering advice for recommendations for what next steps to take to resolve the issue.

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can help me Dave, as I am experiencing the same problem.

- MacBook Pro M1 2020

- Monterey Ver 12.4 - - Up to date

- Most recent version, just uninstalled and reinstalled directly from Adobe website

- See above

- I have previously worked on various PC computers and never had a problem. To the best of my knowledge the files were kept on "cloud" storage. They now consume over 78 GB of my Mac.

- No third party anti virus software.

Hope you can help - let me know if you need more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AjsArt,

Sorry to learn of your difficulties.
A few additional questions:

- Does it show you're using 78GB if you open the Creative Cloud desktop app and click on the cloud icon in the top right?

- Under your user profile there should be a Creative Cloud Files folder. How much space does it show that this folder is using?

The cloud storage included with a membership has several different parts and different ones work differently. Some may impact your local storage use and others won't. This article gives a good overview of the different parts https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html If you had 78GB in the synced files section and sync enabled that could be an explaination for the local use. 

Please let me know when you get the chance and we can go from there.

Best

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, 

I am encountering the same problem as AjsArt, as my Adobe Creative Cloud app is taking up a lot of space on my computer storage.

I am trying to update my Adobe XD app, but it requires the newest software, which is not possible to install because I don’t have enough space on my computer as the Adobe Creative Cloud app is taking 51KB from my storage. I deleted everything else from my computer that was taking up a lot of space and only the Adobe Apps and the Adobe Creative Cloud apps remained which have big sizes. I need to free up at least 18KG to update my software to the newest version. I am really desperate at this point, as I really don’t know what else to do... 

Here are all the details: 

- I am using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 

-It is not up to date, and I can’t update my software because of the storage problem

-Not sure which version of the Creative Cloud desktop app I have. But all my apps are not up to date as I can’t update them to the new version because of the old software on my computer. (the latest software is required for the updates)

-I read the article that you attached as well. I deleted all my files from the adobe apps and I permanently deleted them as well. My files were synced, but now I paused the syncing. Nothing changed...

- No third-party anti-virus software.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

-Diana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC does not show Creative Cloud under Preferences to do the suggestion above. I can't even work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@foundright 

exactly what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines