• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud keeps syncing cloud files and won't stop sync until I manually pause and resume sync

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I notice a strange behaviour lately. Whenever I start the Creative Cloud app, or when it auto-starts on system startup (Windows 11), the cloud files will keep on synchronizing and the circle keeps rotating, and they never end until I hit the pause button and resume file sync.

When the files sync and won't stop, the laptop battery keeps draining like crazy. The sync process consumes significant amount of CPU resources and my laptop battery is depleting very fast. The laptop also gets quite hot and fans are constantly running, which should be obvious because of the high power consumption due to the continuous file sync process in Creative Cloud app.

Can you please suggest me a solution to this? I really do not want to uninstall all the apps to reinstall Creative Cloud. There are a lot of apps that I use in CC. But if I absolutely have to reinstall CC, then I guess I won't have a choice but to reinstall everything. I just want some help to get a working solution that can fix this issue.

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nilu,

Welcome to our Community forum. We are sorry for you difficulties. To help you better could you please let us know the below details:

>>What operating system are you using?

>>What is the version of Creative Cloud desktop application installed?

>>Please share a screen shot of the error if you’re receiving.

Meanwhile you could try the below troubleshooting steps as you do not want reinstallation of the application at first:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

>>Disconnects and reconnect your internet Connection, reboot PC.

Also please let us know what files you see it is synced.  For your information:

Note that syncing large files can take time

You could see an error if you're trying to sync a large file using the Creative Cloud Files folder.

If you copy a large file to your Creative Cloud Files folder, the file doesn't sync until it is copied completely into folder. As the file is copying, the file is flagged, and your Creative Cloud desktop app notifies you that it is "Unable to sync file(s)". Once the copy completes, it begins syncing to Creative Cloud.

Please let me know how it goes and provide us more details as asked above so that we can investigate in our end. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I followed the guidelines to reset the CC app, restarted my laptop, but the app still continues to sync files indefinitely.

I use Windows 11 as my operating system.

My Creative Cloud version is 5.10.0.573.

I have attached the screenshot of the error. The file sync area is stuck like that indefinitely. It consumes a lot of power as per Task Manager.

Please help me fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nilu2021 

using your file browser, open your local sync folder and move your files to another location leaving your sync folder empty.  check your cc desktop app. is it still trying to sync?

if yes, reset it:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if no, add some of the moved files back to your sync folder.  do this by 1/2's to efficiently find a problematic file that's hanging sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nilu,

Thank you for your response. I would request you to try the below steps to see if it helps:

1) Could you try checking and installing pending OS updates if available?

2) The continuous sync is being brought on by changing the location of the Creative Cloud Files folder. For that please try the below steps:

Change the location of the sync folder

You need to allow the syncing process to complete before changing the folder location.

1. Open the Creative Cloud desktop app. (Select the   icon in your Windows taskbar or the macOS menu bar.)
  2. Go to the Cloud activity icon in the upper right, then select the gear icon to open preferences.
  3. Select the edit icon to change the folder location.
  4. Choose the location where you want to move the local version of the sync folder (called the Creative Cloud files folder).
  5. Select Done to save your changes.
  6. Once the location is changed, the folder and files are automatically moved to the new location.  

Please try recreating some of the CoreSync database files. Please try the below steps after stopping all of the sync-related processes

1. First, stop syncing and shut down the Creative Cloud app
  2. Second, just in case, delete all temporary files in AppData\Local\Temp
  3. Third, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync
  4. Finally, launch the Creative Cloud app and start syncing

Please let us know how it goes. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have tried all the guidelines but nothing worked.

Therefore, I had raised a support ticket regarding this issue almost a week ago. The Adobe support team is still working on resolving the issue. I think it is a complicated problem because one week has already passed, and it hasn't been fixed yet. But I look forward to a quick resolution from the Adobe support team.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nilu,

Thank you for the information. I recommend contacting the support back with the Case ID you would receive from the Support team.  For Chat support:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

For phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Neelamk 

I also have the same problem on my laptop. I have created a post in this community: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/when-starting-creative-cloud-stuc... . Is there an update on this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines