• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - No support for RAW?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love using lightroom ios and the creative cloud.

but i got a big issue that keeps me from subscribing to the photography plan.

why there is no support for RAW photos in the creative cloud?

i uploaded photos to the cloud and you see the quality downgrades.

its such a shame and surprising considering your apps are ment to use by professionals.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leo,

Not sure if I understand the issue correctly, the Creative Cloud is just a cloud storage service and you can upload and store your raw images there without any problem. Are you referring to a different feature? Please share some more details about this.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware you can upload raw files to Lightroom CC on mobile. You can upload anything there but what you are going to see are going to be previews anyway.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a meaningful description and post screenshots to illustrate what you are talking about. 

If you are talking about Lightroom please post on the correct Forum for that.

Lightroom

If you are talking about applications for mobile devices please post on those Fora. 

Lightroom for mobile & Apple TV

Photoshop for Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

211DA5DE-B1F3-4D5A-9AD6-09BBC169645E.jpeg

 This is a closeup of a raw photo i took on my iphone. 
it was uploaded right away to creative cloud. And the quality is really bad. 

E9DA08EC-1F2F-4426-A426-0BC1D1BB0651.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leo777,

How did you open that photo? Are you using the Creative Cloud app? Lightroom for mobile stores .RAW files as Smart Preview, when you open as preview it renders a much smaller file than the original and looses a bit its quality,  when you upen in the desktop or mobile app, it will utilise the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a raw file is opened in Photoshop CC, then it uses an included plug in called Adobe Camera Raw (ACR). That gives all the pro raw handling features that are needed. The Photogrpahy plan also includes Lightroom which can be used to process raw photos (although the basic raw engine is the same in both Lightroom and ACR.

So it is completely incorrect to think that the photography plan applications do not support a raw workflow.

Your comments on uploading to the cloud are puzzling. The cloud is just a storage medium it does not process any files. Can you describe exactly what you are doing and how you are viewing the results

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's right, I have the same problem. I've tried uploading them straight to my CC library and get this error:

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 2.03.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andrew35239627x7i2 

see your duplicate post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines