• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud preventing sleep on my MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the last 2 weeks my Macbook Pro refuses to go into sleep mode. After much searching I found that others have similar issues. If you open Activity Monitor it shows that in the column "Preventing Sleep" Creative Cloud is listed as "Yes". I discovered that by opening the CC app and chosing Preferences/Sync and turning Sync OFF then back ON then closing preferences and the app, this disables the prevention of sleep and the computer operates normally UNTIL I shut down or restart. When the computer restarts, I have to disable then enable sync again so the my laptop can go into sleep mode. I have reprodeced this several times. This does not happen on my desktops.

Anyone else have this issue? Is this just waiting for an update? Any feedback welcome!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_169.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my two iMacs.  This started after the Monterey 12.5.1 update as best as I can figure.  I removed Creative Cloud from the Login startup until Adobe gets this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all.  I have removed the 'check' in run at startup from CC prefs although it was not in my startup group (odd).  John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - and unfortunately it has already done the damage to my monitor. I saw the note about checking activity monitor and saw CC was the culprit. I've closed it since it is not helpful to open. Also check to see if it is listed a "open on log in" as I just noticed it did that today. I closed it immediately.

Adobe - please fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of people having this issue.  I have the problem on my M1 Macbook Air since the last update.  This is also an issue with Windows as well.  I can verify that I have this issue on my Windows 10 machine as well.  You can see similar post here:  Solved: Creative Cloud Desktop preventing PC from going to... - Adobe Support Community - 13107065

I hate that someone marked it as solved when it is not solved.  Community simply found a few workarounds....basically turning off Creative Cloud.

Adobe needs to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary solution. Selecting the Creative Cloud icon in the menu bar then shutting the window that opens fixes the issue until next restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That workaround seems to work for both Mac and Windows.  I just went ahead and prevented CC from opening on startup and will manually perform updates when we hear they finally fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kludgy and horrible, but I rarely restart, so I will do this until they fix this... this obsessive "always checking to make sure we are not pirating software" gets old, especially when done by highway robbers like the Adobe Gang. 🤨😏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!!! And I am pissed. This software costs WAY TOO MUCH for something this basic to be missed. I noticed my MacBookPro wasn't going to sleep several weeks ago...  then, the SECOND time it ran out the battery when I did not plug it in and left the lip open... This is NOT COOL Adobe, you really need to fix this!!! All this crap costs way too much for this to be a forgiveable bug.... I would like two free months on my subscription, too.... or however long it takes you to fix this.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same feature here. 

Fun ain't it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the problem has been resolved on my two M1 Macs. There was no update listed, but something must have happened in the background. Can anyone else confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, for the last week, my iMac 27 sleeps just fine with Creative Cloud running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines