• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Services update notifications seem to be culprit hanging 2013 iMac 27" Mac OS 10.15.7

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whole system drags to a frozen halt when I have Adobe Creative Cloud updates pending. I'm in the middle of a big project and don't want to upgrade right now as Photoshop tells me my graphics processor can't handle it anymore and I'm afraid to learn what other apps may not be supported now in addition after updating. I can work in Photoshop and am not missing the features I can't use. Semi-retired here doing primarily volunteer work these days and not likely to upgrade equipment soon. How do I tell Creative Cloud Services to quit interfering with apps currently running when I have updates pending? Or quit reminiding me at all given my equipment is old/becoming incompatible with latest versions? Really not liking subscription software now versus purchasing updates as they vet out, stabilize and I need them. I've been at this a long time and imagine some never had that opportunity.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your cc desktop app>click file>preferences>apps and disable auto-update

kglad_0-1650118162059.png

and disable cc app updates by clicking file>preferences>general and unticking always keep cc up to date

kglad_1-1650118253461.png

if that fails, click file> exit cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Realize now I had only disabled auto update. Crossing fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.  

restart your computer to see if the notification of updates is unobtrusive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines