• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud sync is constantly syncing/spinning but not updating my shared folder

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC desktop app has the file syncing spinning for a day with no updates or changes. I tried the PC and re-launching the desktop app and it has been doing the same thing. Just a constant spin with no updates and no changes in my shared folder. I have been collaborating with other members of my work team through here for 2 weeks now and this issue started yesterday morning. Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been having the same problem for nearly 2 months now... Same issue under Windows 10 : sync icon spinning forever, the green checks on files not appearing. And it takes ages for my files to get synchronized.

I've tried uninstall the entire CC app and reinstalled it but it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I found a workaround that worked for my team and hope this works for you. 

The cloud is picky with files, special characters and long file paths. If one of these is off then the sync gets stuck in a forever loop. First try:

1.  Deleting Premiere cache/temp files: Select your creative cloud folder and search for anything with .cfa & .pek extensions and delete.

If this doesn't work then quickly look for the following as these will make the sync loop forever:

1. a special chacter in the filename. change the filename
  2. a really long file path. shorten the path+filename to less than 260 characters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines