• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud sync issues after using Migration Assistant

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As heading says, I'm having issues with syncing after moving from and Intel i9 Macbook to a M1 Pro Macbook using migration assistant.

The Issue:

• XD: not able to open cloud docs
  • Same issue in Illustrato when selecting 'your files' in open screen
  • Creative Cloud desktop app: stuck on "Gathering storage information..." when clicking cloud icon, top right
  • Cannot see CoreSync running in activity monitor

The process I took:

• Transferred files between my old (Intel) macbook and new (M1 Pro) using Migration Assistant
  • Succesful transfer (>500,00 files!) apart from Adobe related files
  • After checking each program, redownloaded Illustrator as was running Intel version, not native - now running fine

The thing I really would like to keep is all the CC app settings: workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, preferences etc. To reiterate, the apps themselves work fine but all the cloud services don't work. Any ideas?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Domkh, I am sorry you cannot use the Creative Cloud services on the new M1 MacBook Pro.  This is likely caused by migrating the older (Intel) applications to the new computer. Unfortunately, Adobe applications were never designed to use the Migration Assistant.

To recover, please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  Once the applications are removed, you can then use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domkh, I am sorry you cannot use the Creative Cloud services on the new M1 MacBook Pro.  This is likely caused by migrating the older (Intel) applications to the new computer. Unfortunately, Adobe applications were never designed to use the Migration Assistant.

To recover, please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  Once the applications are removed, you can then use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html to download and install the Universal version of the CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright 

Thanks for your message. I will go ahead with the CC Cleaner Tool. Before I do though, can I confirm that this will not remove the application preferences? I.e. the workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, settings etc. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domkh, the CC Cleaner Tool does not affect the stored preferences or workspaces. It only removes the files used to run the Adobe applications and the related login information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks  Jeff, will give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this work for you? I have tried this multiple times over the last few days and I am stuck.. Support is a disaster, they get on my computer do the same things the last guy did, the issue isnt resolved and then they disconnect or tell me their shift is ending and someone else will pick up.. the next person comes on and asks what my issue is and this is how I lost 7 hours of my life.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this work for you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through this problem (Dec 2021) on both New Air M1 and 14inch M1. I tried unintsalling Apps and reintsalling, did not solve the issue. Then tried unintsalling the CC app, but it would not unintsall. I did more research on this issue, download the CC app unintsaller Link. It unintsalled the app. Then I reunintsalled the CC app, still not syncing. I started to see that the issue was Core Sync. I looked at systems extension, it was not showing up. Did a file search, clicked on it and got an error message. Then I download the cleaner, closed all Adobe apps and CC app. Then Ran the cleaner app and only clicked on Core Sync. I relaunched the CC app. The CC app updated it self and syncing was working again, the extection was back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arthur Wright @doooooobin @Jeff A Wright - happy to report the fix worked a dream! I only had to 'clean' the "Core Sync" program - I didn't touch the CC applications (Illustrator, XD etc.) when running the CC Cleaner tool. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problems. I used the Migration Assistant to upgrade from a mac Pro Late 2013 to the new Mac Pro 2019.

Did you gust following those stepts on both machines?

I  used the old Mac Pro 2013, as an home work space, en Mac pro 2019 at my work.

On both computers, the latest and new files wont sync. And get a lot of Sync errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines