Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email today announcing 

Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.

This is the only way I can sync work from a personal workstation to my work computer.  Does this mean that we will no longer be able to use the Creative Cloud Files as a mechanism to do that starting February 1, 2024.  How does this "modernize the Creative Cloud storage experience"?

Our company does not allow access to USB ports, I can't just copy from an external drive. The only way we can sync our work is via cloud storage. What alternative would I have when this comes into play. 

Full text of email below:

Dear Creative Cloud User,

We want to let you know about an upcoming change to your personal Creative Cloud account. Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files on February 1, 2024.

How this may impact you:
• Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.
• Files that are uploaded directly to assets.adobe.com or the Creative Cloud Mobile App will not be automatically copied to your computer.

Recommended actions:
• If you do not save assets to the Creative Cloud Synced files, no action is needed.
• Ensure your assets are properly backed up locally or to third-party cloud storage.

It is important to emphasize that there will be no change to Creative Cloud Documents functionality. You can still save files as Creative Cloud Documents via applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; these files will remain in sync across devices.

Regards,
Adobe Creative Cloud Team

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

correct, if you're doing anything that depends on the adobe sync folder files actually syncing, that will end. ie, make plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Please refer to the official help articles below for more details.

Individual Plans - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Teams/Enterprise Plans -  https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

For additional questions, please feel free to contact Adobe Customer Care:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Or ask your IT Dept Admin to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for enterprise, which will also be discontinued in October 2024 instead of February.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the Discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files affect files created via the Publish Online feature of Indesign in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@j-team-mbr 

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

<personal information removed- kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@j-team-mbr 

don't reply via email or remove your signature before sending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw that email. Great, so how can I download my files to backup?
Because right now, the only way is to download file by file, one by one.

Any thoughts?

The files on my computer are different from the files I have on assets.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @garys98042058@caebrasil , @j-team-mbr

Please check this article and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Tarun Saini. But I still need to figure out how to download my files without needing to download them one by one. I have thousands of files there and want to move out all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @caebrasil,

Currently, you can only download/share one file at a time, and there isn't the ability to batch download files or download folders.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@caebrasil 

adobe's future discontinuation of syncing the adobe sync folder shouldn't cause you to download any files.  (otoh, being prudent is always sensible.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Sync is performed from your computer's Creative Files Folder. 

Therefore, your synced files should already reside on your local hard drive.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we are leveraging the file sync to migrate files we work on different laptop, it would prevent that workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, if you're doing anything that depends on the adobe sync folder files actually syncing, that will end. ie, make plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe software since the late 80s. Like many of you, I use Adobe software in my daily work. I might add, critical work, at least to me.

I have seen software like Fireworks disappear. Dreamweaver seems to be going the same route. Even Animate (Flash) seems to get little attention from Adobe, will it be next in line?

I have over Gb of data in Creative Cloud, now with the "modernizing" proposed by Adobe, I will have to look elsewhere.

You know what, Adobe? I'm starting to think that I can't trust you with my work and that I have to look elsewhere for the tools I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm highly disappointed by this news. I love Fresco and the file sync was a vital tool. Making work harder for creators and going all in with Generative AI which ruffled the feathers of a large portion of the creative community, it feels like Adobe is wanting to aggrivate it's core audience. I've known so many people over the past few years leave Adobe for rival apps. These moves are only going to make this happen even more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so confused. I tried the chat option for support and couldn't get any real answers on how this change will effect my business usage of Creative Cloud. I have a small team of three, and we share a TON of files (primarily AI and ID) through creative cloud. I cannot seam to find any straight answers on the difference between a synced file and a file I have saved/shared in creative cloud. 

Are all files on Cretive Cloud that are AIC (AI) files going to be deleted? If I have them in My Files on Creative Cloud will they be deleted? With this change, what is ACTUALLY changing in the app? Do I need to save my files differently from here on out? Will sharing be discontinued as well? I am so utterly confused, and Adobe chat has not been helpful at all, and they refuse to give me an email or phone number for someone who could answer my questions. The only thing they are saying it to back up my files (which I am), and wait for the change????? I am very worried about this change, and how it is actually going to effect the day to day of the company I work for. Will the Creative Cloud even be worth keeping anymore if we can't share files and collaborate? Any answers would be helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are different cc file handing/syncing.  only the local sync folder is going to be affected by adobe's future change, and it's adobe's easiest file handling to understand.

if you don't know what the local sync folder is vs. other cc files:

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this isn't very helpful. I am a single user with 3 devices using Adobe. How do I determine which if any of my files are CC synced files affected by the discontinuation. For example, in Fresco on my iPad I see lists of individual files but I can't tell where saved, much less if in a synced folder on my device. . Ditto iphone. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your apps do not save to the affected folder unless you explicitly save to that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I am also completely surprised and appalled by this sudden change.

Dear Adobe, what do you think one of the main attractive reasons of CC really is? Because there literally is no ‘creative cloud’ anymore if this syncing feature is stripped. This is complete and absolute nonsense and in no way modernizing.

I may be jumping ahead a little here, but I truly expect the price of a CC subscription to become significantly lower after this move, because we all have to get third party subscriptions for many GB’s of file syncing now.

Please make sure you keep supporting creative people and don’t chase them away from your products by eliminating key features like syncing files.

And please let go of the person that said this was a modernizing idea. This is a totally ridiculous and random Elon Musk-like move: only thinking about your own business end and not about your users.

Shame on you, Adobe, shame on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I'm not losing sleep over it. 
  • I rarely sync files to Creative Cloud because I already have dedicated file backup & recovery service as well as 2 external hard drives. 
  • The only time I sync files is when I need to make them available to colleagues or other devices.  I can still do that by manually uploading files to Creative Cloud. So for me, this is no great tragedy.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great for you. But a lot of us depend on it. So it's important to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoseAlvira 

you'll need to find alternatives. for most, this will be easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines