Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email today announcing 

Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.

This is the only way I can sync work from a personal workstation to my work computer.  Does this mean that we will no longer be able to use the Creative Cloud Files as a mechanism to do that starting February 1, 2024.  How does this "modernize the Creative Cloud storage experience"?

Our company does not allow access to USB ports, I can't just copy from an external drive. The only way we can sync our work is via cloud storage. What alternative would I have when this comes into play. 

Full text of email below:

Dear Creative Cloud User,

We want to let you know about an upcoming change to your personal Creative Cloud account. Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files on February 1, 2024.

How this may impact you:
• Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.
• Files that are uploaded directly to assets.adobe.com or the Creative Cloud Mobile App will not be automatically copied to your computer.

Recommended actions:
• If you do not save assets to the Creative Cloud Synced files, no action is needed.
• Ensure your assets are properly backed up locally or to third-party cloud storage.

It is important to emphasize that there will be no change to Creative Cloud Documents functionality. You can still save files as Creative Cloud Documents via applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; these files will remain in sync across devices.

Regards,
Adobe Creative Cloud Team

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

correct, if you're doing anything that depends on the adobe sync folder files actually syncing, that will end. ie, make plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Please refer to the official help articles below for more details.

Individual Plans - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Teams/Enterprise Plans -  https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

For additional questions, please feel free to contact Adobe Customer Care:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Or ask your IT Dept Admin to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update to my own theory, PSD, AI and XD files all need to be converted to be uploaded to Cloud Documents via a prompt. Anything else, be it INDD, JPEG, PNG, etc, will NOT be uploaded. CC Libraries are also limited and don't allow for certain file types to be uploaded - including INDD and Premiere Pro files.

Now these are a major issue and is in no way a replacement for Adobe Syned Files. Now I'm really concerned as to what will happen next 😞

I do have Microsoft Teams with OneDrive, but the amount of storage I have is far lower than my 28GB of synced files, plus these files are all in the cloud - none of them are stored locally for InDesign to access as my work laptop doesn't allow local sync for security purposes and data retention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company uses a CC library for branded visual elements, templates, icons, etc.......because this is synced across all accounts, will this also be impacted and taken away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Theresa5FC8 

no.  on the local cc sync folder is being severed from syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Theresa5FC8,

See this help article for Teams/Enterprise users:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

For Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fresco users, Cloud Documents is Adobe's web-first solution for saving, sharing, and collaborating on creative work-in-progress. Creative Cloud Libraries are the recommended solution for sharing design elements.

If you have more questions, please ask your IT dept Admin to reach out to their Adobe Account Rep.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the official help articles below for more details.

Individual Plans - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Teams/Enterprise Plans -  https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

For additional questions, please feel free to contact Adobe Customer Care:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Or ask your IT Dept Admin to reach out to their Adobe Teams/Enterprise Account Rep

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea Oh, I'm sure Adobe would love this discussion to stop and would advise against it. But it won't, and we will continue to ask questions and be angry and annoyed. They have to get back to us and react, explain, and provide us with a very, very good reason for this decision.

They can 'advise not to discuss' until kingdom come, but that is absolutely not the 'correct answer' to this problem. The correct answer would be to roll back this decision. Until then: Adobe, would you care to elaborate and join in here please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Social media influencers:

"We want to put a hat on a gerbil and make it ride a unicycle, fo the gram!"

Adobe:

"Here you go, like, try our new Photoshop with AI that we're spending £$£$£$£$£$ on, YOLO!"

Designers:

"We'd simply like to continue using a great Adobe feature that allows for seamless workflow and file sharing amongst businesses and teams."

Adobe:

"Nah."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Colab Chris  Amen to that haha. You have 'memed' this monstrous decision very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Creative Cloud Libraries is a good alternative for sharing assets online across different apps, users, or systems, and is widely supported throughout Creative Cloud...

From the FAQ:

Is there an alternative to Creative Cloud Synced files, which is being discontinued?

For Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fresco users, cloud documents are the solution for saving, sharing, and collaborating on creative work in progress. Creative Cloud Libraries are the best way to save and share design elements across applications and users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines