• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I lose anything if I uninstall Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so fed up with Adobe running processes in the background. I have unloaded processes from LaunchCtrl, I have renamed the application file. I have unchecked every setting I can find to get Adobe's software to behave like a good citizen on my machine. I am now over it. I use it once a month if that. 

I think my only option is to actually uninstall Adobe's software and only install it when I need it. I use it so seldom that I am ok with this. 

Do I need to backup images elsewhere or anything like that before uninstalling Creative Cloud? I don't want to lose my my libraries. I just want to stop the software from running background processes. 

[abuse removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall any time, and reinstall. You have to reinstall the Creative Cloud app first, then the individual apps. This might be tolerable if you have really fast internet; I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do know that uninstalling does not stop payments?

SOME programs are available Monthly https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Being-charged-for-a-full-year-when-i-m-on-month-to-month/... - links and pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines