Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading a folder from creative cloud file share

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hopefully this thread goes to the correct forum. If not, my apologies, Adobe forums confuse me a lot. You can maybe move it in the correct forum page.

As there isn't a way to directly give feedback to Adobe, I'll be using the forums. Maybe someone could send this forward (and people back it up so they'd know this is an issue)

I really like the new advanced file sharing options in the creative cloud, but I do feel like there is one essential feature missing:

I can't find a way to download or upload a folder directly in the web browser page.

This is a huge disadvantage compared to, for example, the google drive, where I can just a download and upload the whole folder structure in the browser. I use this feature a lot with files that use a folder structure in order to work and would be impossible to be downloaded file by file. There are computers (work-school) where I can't sign in my own creative cloud and sync it in, but I would still like to download the file and keep working with it.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download creative cloud app ,open sync folder drag and drop your files/folder to your computer.It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a mess. It's a very simple feature every cloud offer. As usual with adobe, seems simple but it's time consuming spent on forums, manual, tutos, trying by yourself each scenario... but actually to understand that what you want to do is not possible in the end and that you misunderstood the thing, but seems very similar to something else with a very similar vocabulary for a very similar purpose, but not. Like a maze ! But we are in a rush sometimes, we are many professionals here, and as usually a lot of time is wasted in process, configuration, workflow changes... I am angry, because I uploaded my file to share them later, and now I am far from home without internet and I am dealing with re uploading my files in a zip without my phone 4G sharing connection, how stupid situation...

The only way I found is to zip the folder I have in my sync files. So it means sync the zip (time consuming) for the files already sync, like a copy zipped (space consuming).

And not talking about the interface changing on the web and the app, it's each time confusing to access the files.

Just please Adobe teams, make things simple and obvious, with no redundant functions or access or menu. Sometimes we don't need more functions, but just make simple what is already made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, do it here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe, invest some time, read through community forum, put a product team to investigate, find what makes people leave your service and improve. We will not do your job, we have ours to do. And, if Figma makes me feel smarter and quicker, so I have time for life after work, I will not spend time to go through dedicated forms and help siloed Adobe to improve. Do your job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, these are user-to-user forums.  you're addressing others that can do nothing influence adobe's policies,behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is from 3 years ago. This problem exists since even longer. Adobe is neglecting simple things and talking about user driven product development. Empty marketing ... 

This feature is so basic! Selecting two folders and hitting download button. Simple stuff that Adobe is missing, that are making us users feel dumb from time to time, so we, and our clients, have to waste our time in order to find some less straightforward ways to do simple things. This is main reason I have left Adobe subscription and I am not thinking about getting back. Creative people, your main target, are smart people, make us feel that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to make things even worst, to punish you if you leave, Adobe is keeping you access to your files for 90 days after the subscription is canceled, but they disable the sync option, the only way in which you can download files in bulk, so you need to backup manually, one by one, all your files. Thank you not Adobe for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this post is from 2018! Seems like this feature is really not so popular or people prefers to download individual files one by one WHEN THEY CAN'T install the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Storage:
Log-in to the website below to check. You may access your Creative Cloud Storage from most modern web browsers.

Creative Cloud Assets https://assets.adobe.com
Synced files
Cloud documents
Deleted files

Lightroom https://lightroom.adobe.com
Photos
Albums
Edited files
Imported files
Deleted files

Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com
All documents
Starred files
Shared files

Adobe Spark https://spark.adobe.com
Projects
Brand files
Graphics
Web pages
Videos

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and I still can't download a folder. There is no share or download option in the Creative Cloud or Web Version. Adobe execution of cloud storage is not great and if I can't get files out easily I won't use it. Ridiculous Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  if you want to request a feature from adobe, use this https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not about a request for a new feature. You were able to download your files before and adobe has removed this ability.

Now that I'm aware of this, I have canceled my extra CC storage. I will download all of my files (agonisingly one-by-one) to store them locally and refrain from storing any files on CC in the future.  Locking your customers will only make them try harder to escape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, these are user-to-user forums. ie, you're not addressing adobe in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this one caught me by surprise. Went home with all files synced, now there is no way, NONE, to download a fully packaged InDesign folder. Incredible!

Thanks Adobe, it's still faster to download all of the linked packaged files one by one, then driving back to the office, but the in-the-face feature limit you impose on your paying customers stinks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be able to download groups of files by click the first and shift-clicking the last

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, would be nice, wouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@roman__ 

if that doesn't work, what cc file folder are you trying to download, and are you trying from your cc web or from the cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to know adobe are actually listening! 

Now, if they could just email the invoice each month instead of working through auth-walls to get records for accountants ill be extra appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave Legion 

what do you mean by, it's nice adobe's listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tink it's obvious we, as adobe clients since long time ago, are unhappy on how Adobe deals our suggestions and necessities. Just take a look at when this topic was opened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user forums, owned by adobe but not even managed by adobe. ie, this is not the place to request an adobe managed feature (eg, file selection/file downloading etc).  to do that:

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some applications, like Photoshop, you can also post Ideas here on this forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I'd suggest Adobe to avoid including their brand on this forum. These forums are included in what they call support. It's supposed it's managed by Adobe, there are moderators and they're supposed to be part of Adobe. In any case it's totally legal we use these forums to make these claims as others methods to contact Adobe are unlistened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JuNu! 

again, if you want to make that (or any other) suggestion to adobe, making it here is useless.  use the above links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's shared, it downloads by itself. If not, a ZIP file is sometimes easier. Or using a sharing site like https://wetransfer.com. Using the web for a file manager is not always the best idea.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines