Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 306 PLEASE HELP !!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I run Adobe on Both Mac and Windows.  My Mac has updated Photoshop but I cannot get the update on my Windows.  I have tried everything , literally everything that Adobe has suggested.  Nothing is working.  It was syncing until I did the update on Creative cloud, now it will not sync.  I have the correct OS but Jesus, help me not throw my computer out of the window and cancel my Photoshop.   I keep getting the sync error and then Error 306.  PLEASE HELP !!!  

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith  
- Thank you so much!  I had tried everything.   I ended up uninstalling ALL versions of Creative  Cloud, removing all residuals.  Restarted the computer, pulled up your message and had to research if I had Win 10 1904 and older or younger.  That was the toughie.  Now, I know more about serial numbers with windows than any geek should.   
BUT IT WORKED!  I reinstalled the new CC for the 64 older than 1904 version (#1) and it signed me right in to CC - and told me that I had updates.  Previously, it would not update, this time, it went though.   There is nothing different, other than I uninstalled all versions of CC. and reinstalled the new version.  
Now that I have your attention....   Did I read somewhere that I could actually install CC on a 3rd computer, just sign out of CC on a different computer? 

Thank you ! 
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad    - Thank you so much!  I had tried everything.   I ended up uninstalling ALL versions of Creative  Cloud, removing all residuals.  Restarted the computer, pulled up your message and had to research if I had Win 10 1904 and older or younger.  That was the toughie.  Now, I know more about serial numbers with windows than any geek should.   
BUT IT WORKED!  I reinstalled the new CC for the 64 older than 1904 version (#1) and it signed me right in to CC - and told me that I had updates.  Previously, it would not update, this time, it went though.   There is nothing different, other than I uninstalled all versions of CC. and reinstalled the new version.  
Now that I have your attention....   Did I read somewhere that I could actually install CC on a 3rd computer, just sign out of CC on a different computer? 

Thank you ! 
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

congrats!  (and thanks for the update).

and yes, you can install the cc desktop app on as many (mac and/or win) computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) of your cc subscription programs.

the only (insignificant for internet connected computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers without signing-out. because you can sign out from either (or both) signed-in computers using a 3rd computer, this could not (imo) be easier. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

(and you're not supposed to use cc simultaneously on any two computers, though i find this to be ambiguous.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad   I can't tell you how much your help has been appreciated.  I managed to fix my Windows computer and ......   wow.  That was conquering!  I did have to uninstall, delete trash and restart and re-install (even though, I had the new CC installed)  because I do not think, at least on Windows, that the two versions of CC can run simultaneously - the the old one will just not turn off with the update, making the update imcompatable. 
Just an FYI if someone else has this problem.  
Looking forward to putting this on my laptop, now!   Thank you !

Another question, CC or Adobe is constantly in my computer slowing it down.  Will just turning off the synching stop this?  If I am not using Photoshop, thenI don't need CC on.  

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC or Adobe is constantly in my computer slowing it down.  Will just turning off the synching stop this?

By @Juliana Cyrier

Maybe. Try it and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

open your task manager and shut down adobe background processes until you locate the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines