• 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Engaged ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment the only Adobe product I'm using is Photoshop. I use another program for vector work.

If I have certain elements inside my libraries in Photoshop, but Creative Cloud is offline, because I have no internet connection, how can I export those elements directly from Photoshop or from Finder so I can use inside the vector program, for example, an svg icon?

I'm having troubles with Creative Cloud not showing my Libraries, sometimes, so I would like to know rely on it 100%.

Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties with Creative Cloud not showing the libraries. Would you mind telling us the version of the operating system and the Creative Cloud you're on? Please go to the Creative Cloud Desktop Application > Help > About Creative Cloud and share the complete info with us in the form of a screenshot? are you getting any error messages? Is it possible if you can share the screenshot of the Creative Cloud app when you see the error? Since when have you been seeing this issue?

Try to reset the Creative Cloud Desktop Application & make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

1. Win: Ctrl + Alt + R.
  2. Mac: Cmd + Opt + R.

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tarun Saini 

Thank you for your reply.

I just did what you suggested (reset).

When I face that problem, there are no error messages. It just doesn't load the libraries and the panel remains empty. Sometimes restarting fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.

Here are the screenshots:

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 4.22.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 4.22.57 PM.png

So my question still remains:

Is it possible to use CC offline? If so, then I assume the libraries are somehow saved somewhere on my computer? Any tip on how to access them, should the Creative Cloud app doesn't show them?

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Creative Cloud libraries are stored on your local file system in the standard location for application data. We do not provide a way for users to choose a different location. On mac this is the location "/Library/Application Support/Adobe", on windows, the location is something like "C:\Users\<username>AppData\Roaming\Adobe". Please be careful not to tamper with these files in any way.

You may check this link & let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-libraries-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-pro....

Regards,

Tarun

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the quick and helpful reply.

I was able to find the folder with all the assets (dcx folder)

My goal is to just have access to them, should the app fail to load them, so I can copy them to another location when necessary (not moving or altering any of the files inside).

The link you sent me is not useful for me, because I'm only facing that issue with the Creative Cloud app, not Photoshop. The issue is that I can't export any library item directly from Photoshop's Creative Cloud panel (which maybe you could add in a future update, so users could still use the assets without going deep into the Library folder).

Anyway, your answer helped me find that folder, just in case...

Appreciate your time and help! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So my question still remains:

Is it possible to use CC offline?

==========

No, of course not.  Online services require an internet connection.  It's in the system requirements.  That goes for file sync, CC storage, Adobe Fonts, Libraries, Behance, Portfolio, Spark, updates, notifications, etc...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

You can use Photoshop offline when needed but online services like Libraries won't be accessible until you resume your internet connection.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines