• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File syncing status marks not showing (Green Check Mark or Blue Arrow Icon)

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day,

I have seen a few other questions just like this one where people do not see the status of their files being synced with a green check mark or blue arrow.

But unfortunately all the fixes so far was for Mac and not for Windows.

Does anyone know how to fix this small bug on windows, as it is small but very useful and would love to get it going again.

What I have tried:

- Restarting Creative Cloud App

- Restarting Windows

- Turned sync on and off

I can see that the files have synced on the web app, but would like to see what is not synced locally.

The sync is always on and PC always plugged in to the internet, so you would assume that all the files will be synced the whole time.

For some random reason this morning I saw there are 65 files syncing, meaning all my files are not always synced up to date.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Hi All,

Not sure if the workaround I am going to write here is acceptable (I think it's not) but I thought it's still worth posting it here.

• Uninstall Creative Cloud.
  • Uninstall Dropbox.
  • Restart your machine.
  • Install Creative Cloud again.

This should bring back all the icons again. I tried this on my machine and it worked out for me.

Please note that it's a workaround so that we are unblocked. Engineering team will still be investigating it.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. I hope so. I've gone so far as to uninstall ALL cc apps (ai, ps, mu, etc) and I've run the cc cleaner tool, and I even restored to a week ago when everything was working.  Cleared everything, rebooted between steps, then reinstalled... and still having two errors now:  no syncing folder/file icons, and now the coresync.exe doesn't auto-start. And even when I launch coresync manually, the cc app appears to sync -- but the files don't change at all. (Meaning, online assets do not match hard drive assets.) What about the Registry? What if I were to uninstall everything Adobe, AND delete all Adobe folders in Program Files and Program Data, and then go into regedit and delete everything Adobe there also? Makes me nervous, but I'm running out of ideas. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying all those things. I would think that any related registry entries would be recreated with the re-installs unless something was interfering or there are OS permission problems. I saw that you shared your log files with Ramesh, hopefully we can better diagnose what's happening from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David – can you tell me whether the engineers found a solution to this? am having the same problem again since the latest version of Creative Cloud released (have started a new thread for this here.)

thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, Ramesh's workaround of uninstalling Dropbox/CC restarting and reinstalling doesn't seem to be working for me...

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines