• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files are getting deleted from creative cloud

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud just deleted 80% of our file from my CC folder on my mac. The desktop application gave me a notification saying that a file had just been deleted and I can all these files in my trash. I did not delete it, and I'm unsure about what went wrong.

This had happened before and I had to manually restore all the files from trash.

This is a nightmare as we use cc as our workspace. Please help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

@Chris@Neudesic - You have 323 files and 2107 folders in the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive. You can Restore all the items in the Archive. Items were not archived from the CC Assets web application. Please follow the instructions in Lin He's post above and send your log files to the Core Sync team. They will be able to help resolve why items are ending up in the Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have determined that you can only restore files from page 1 of the archived files page. As soon as you go to page 2 or beyond, the Restore button doesn't work! So I have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have to restore 10000 files just to get to the ones I need. This interface is completely unacceptable. I am pulling all my files out of this mess. I don't have the time to have my files messed up like this.

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now after I restore 200 files, when I refresh the archived files page, it shows THE SAME FILES THAT WERE JUST RESTORED.  Since I can't move on to page 2 and restore anything (because the restore button is broken on anything but page 1), I am stuck. The archived files feature is so broken as to be useless.

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files unexpectedly being moved to the Archive is an issue which our engineering team is investigating. We've investigated it in the past and found/resolved some causes but if anyone has recently encountered the issue and would be willing to help us out by collecting and sharing their log files from the system where it occurred it would help us to diagnose the issue.

The log collector tool here Log Collector Tool will create a zip file on the desktop from all of the logs on the system

If you then upload and share a link to the log files I will pass it on to our engineering team. You can send the link to me via private message if you don't want to post it publicly.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using this app and It said it generated a zipped log file on my desktop.  This isn't the case. I've done a search on my entire C drive for AdobeLogs-07022017-1758-xxx.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will_in_KC,

I could reach out to our engineering team and see if it would be possible to move all of the files from the Archive back into the normal storage or restore a specific file for you if provide the name of the file(s) you're needing restored?

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Year Same old problem.  Was there ever a fix for this? My co-workers were having this exact problem on their Macs.  I just recently discovered with such shock and awe to my dismay (, not really that surprised after reading everyone's plea for help and the IT textbook responses) that I have auto deleted folders/files in my Recycle Bin and I'm running on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iburst,

I know this is an on-going issue that our engineering team is and has been working on. There have been several underlying causes identified, some have been fixed and some are still ongoing as they continue to investigate and release fixes.

I'm sorry to hear you and some of your co-workers have been affected.

Some questions to help us better understand the circumstances:

• Were the files which go deleted in your case part of collaboration?  (this > Collaborate on folders and libraries from Creative Cloud account)
  • Was there any kind of error message when it happened?
  • Did the same files get deleted on multiple workstations?
  • Were you able to successfully recover all of the files which got deleted?
  • How many files and/or folders got deleted, would you be able to provide the names of them for reference?

I might have additional questions for you but this would help us get started. We might also need to try again to see if we could get the log collection tool to work on the effected system.

Please follow up when you have the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

this problem occurred to me and my team already twice, it started to happen when I moved from PC to mac.

a team member had noticed missing files and folders and after some research they were found in my trash.

Its ridiculous but i find my self looking at my trash each day to check whether this had happened again,

I would like to know:

• does this error happens only in MAC os?
  • Why is it happening only to me? other team member are also using mac they never found lost files in the trash. Im the team manager
  • did you find a solution for this issue? we are really depressed from that and start to think of other storage, collaboration tools.

Thanks,

Ayelet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ayelet,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. If you would be willing to collect log files from the computers which this occurred on, I can pass them on to our engineering department to be investigated.

You can download the log file collection tool from here: Log Collector Tool.​ Running the tool will create a .zip file on the desktop of all of the Adobe related log files from the computer. From there, if you could upload the zip file(s) to somewhere I can access them from and send me a link. I'll relay the link to our engineering.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this in the terminal file:

unable to execute /private/var/folders/f0/qtvt4thd2mld928tj2znbc6w0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8FD009B9-D846-424F-8249-2CC7C035A99C/d/LogCollectorTool.app/Contents/MacOS/LogCollectorUI: No such file or directory

does it mean there is a problem?

the folder was created on my desktop but i dont see any zip file.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to our team this morning and lo and behold it too ended up in our trash bin...IN EVERY ONE'S TRASH BIN.  So odd! Adobe Gurus if you need our info too let me know.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files in my team's collaborative folder ended up in the trash on May 22, 2017 5:14:43 AM EST, so I used the online chat system to speak to Sugandha Sharma. He got me to answer some questions, and advised that the case will be "escalated".

May 23, 2017 4:32:42 AM EST, I tried to contact Adobe by phone, the number listed on the website doesn't work. So, I used the online chat again and exchanged dialogues with Rahul. He has advised that I will receive a call back within 24 hours.

2 days, my team were unable to collaborate using Creative Cloud.

May 25, I received an email from Sameer Jain telling me that files were deleted from my end. I've explained multiple times, that my team have not deleted any files. So, I am very dissatisfied with the answer. It clearly shows that the support team have not listened to my problem. I've also asked Sameer to restore my files back to May 20, and he still hasn't replied to my request!

I am making a bold assumption, that Creative Cloud has issues when Mac and Windows users try to sync to the same folder. This has happened to my team twice now. And both times, it involved a new starter who uses a Windows machine!

Very dissatisfied with Adobe's support, when we are paying a lot of money for Creative Cloud. I don't appreciate Adobe blaming my team for deleting files, when clearly, it does more harm than good for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem 2 months ago for our team sharing tons of files. We made the switch to our existing Microsoft OneDrive for Business account that recently released a Mac client and have never looked back. I even sent log files but never got a response from Adobe. I honestly would just find another filesharing solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today. I am using the latest version of Creative Cloud Version 4.1.1.202 on Windows 10. Most of the files I had in the CC Cloud ended up in my Recycle Bin. Having reliable cloud storage for CC assets is fundamental. Please can this issue be prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry this happened. This is an issue our engineering team is still investigating and trying to better understand why it occurs. Would you be willing to work with me to collect some information about what happened, which I could in turn pass on to the related engineering department to help investigate the issue?

Some initial questions:

• Did the files get moved to the trash on more than one computer?
  • Were all the files within your Creative Cloud Files folder moved to the trash or only certain files or folders?
  • Were the files which ended up in the trash ones which you've collaborated with others on?
  • Would you be willing to collect and share a download link to the log files from your computer? I'll provide instructions if so.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help if it will assist your engineers to solve this problem. In answer to your questions...

• Files were moved to the recycle bin on only one computer
  • Only about 70% of my CC files and folders were moved to the trash - other remained in place
  • I don't know if all the files that were in the recycle  bin were ones I had collaborated on with others, but I suspect not.
  • Happy to share log file - please send instructions

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the information.

A few more questions

• Was the same Adobe ID being used on two different computers at the time the issue occurred?
  • Do you know the approximate time/date the issue occurred?
  • Can you provide the names of any the files and/or folders which were moved to the trash in error?
  • What version of the Creative Cloud App are you using? (Version info is listed in preferences accessed from the gear icon in the top right of the Creative Cloud app)
  • What operating system and version thereof are you using?
  • Did you see any errors when the issue occurred?
  • Are there any other applications running which might have accessed the Creative Cloud Files directory at the same time the issue occurred? Anti-virus software performing some kind system scan for example
  • Do you use other cloud storage clients on the computer? If so, which ones, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.

Yeah, if you could collect and share your logs files we can use them to cross reference the info within to see if we can better understand what is causing the issue.

To collect the log files download the log collection tool from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

In reply to your questions....

• Was the same Adobe ID being used on two different computers at the time the issue occurred?  YES
  • Do you know the approximate time/date the issue occurred? Date 9 JUNE. TIME around 11am local
  • Can you provide the names of any the files and/or folders which were moved to the trash in error? E.g. all subfolders of web-sites/PilatesLeeds2017 and web-sites/A Place in Bubion Revised
  • What version of the Creative Cloud App are you using? (Version info is listed in preferences accessed from the gear icon in the top right of the Creative Cloud app) 4.11.202
  • What operating system and version thereof are you using? Windows 10
  • Did you see any errors when the issue occurred? NO
  • Are there any other applications running which might have accessed the Creative Cloud Files directory at the same time the issue occurred? Anti-virus software performing some kind system scan for example. Can't be sure - but unlikely
  • Do you use other cloud storage clients on the computer? If so, which ones, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive.

I have collected the log files and will send these on in the manner you suggested.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of the information and sharing the log files Roger, I'll pass everything on to our engineering team and hopefully we can get this issue fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

Our engineering team has been reviewing the logs and think they understand the cause, but have a few additional questions. You mentioned you were using the same Adobe ID on two different computers when the issue occurred.

Questions:

• Would it be possible to run the log collector on the other computer using the same Adobe ID too and share those logs with us too?
  • Are both of the computers using your Adobe ID in BST (British Summer Time) timezone?
  • Was there any kind of daylight savings time shift right around the time that they files got moved to the trash?
  • If there was a daylight savings shift, did the computer clock get changed as well? Timing wise, was there any correlation between files being moved to the trash and the daylight saving time shift?

Thanks for your help getting this sorted!

Cheers,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

In response to your questions...

• Would it be possible to run the log collector on the other computer using the same Adobe ID too and share those logs with us too? DONE - I added them to the same dropbox folder as the previous ones
  • Are both of the computers using your Adobe ID in BST (British Summer Time) timezone? Both are running UTC+1, Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris timezone
  • Was there any kind of daylight savings time shift right around the time that they files got moved to the trash? No,
  • If there was a daylight savings shift, did the computer clock get changed as well? Timing wise, was there any correlation between files being moved to the trash and the daylight saving time shift? No I'm afraid not.

Best wishes

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Roger for your help on this!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it happened again on a bigger scale this past week and today. Last week I restored over 500 files from my trash can, and today 303 files. I asked my coworkers who share or collaborate on some files to check their trash cans and the same files were moved to the trash can.

• Was the same Adobe ID being used on two different computers at the time the issue occurred?
    Yes, work computer and work laptop, never on at the same time. Didn't delete anything on either.
  • Do you know the approximate time/date the issue occurred?
    Incidents occur random times during the week or over the weekend. Most recent example I restored many files on Friday and cleaned up everything I needed to. Trashcan was empty. Haven't had the computer on all weekend. Turned on this morning 303 files moved to trash.
  • Can you provide the names of any the files and/or folders which were moved to the trash in error?
    Various files from random folders that have basic asset names like cursor, groups of sound files that are exported as groups, some folders of templates, 'slide' 1-10. etc. named for the project output.
  • What version of the Creative Cloud App are you using? (Version info is listed in preferences accessed from the gear icon in the top right of the Creative Cloud app)
    Constantly updated
  • What operating system and version thereof are you using?
    Windows 10 most recent, and had been updating several times through the past years when having this problem. Coworkers with shared files have Macs and they have files also appear in their trash can they didn't place there from CC. and my CC archive online has deleted files that are in our trash can. and then it says we have 95% of CC storage used because it duplicated files so much in the archive that we've restored.
  • Did you see any errors when the issue occurred?
    Yes, when opening after effects projects or premiere project assets were missing causing errors to pop up.
  • Are there any other applications running which might have accessed the Creative Cloud Files directory at the same time the issue occurred? Anti-virus software performing some kind system scan for example
    Only windows defender
  • Do you use other cloud storage clients on the computer? If so, which ones, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
    We use Dropbox and google drive for various clients for final delivery.

• Other questions:

• I can run the log collector on my coworker's computers and get them to upload to a shared Dropbox and will send shortly. (my work laptop is at home cannot run that until the end of the day (7pm-ish), will add to same DB folder.

• As for other questions we live in Arizona so our time is set to AZ MTN Time with no daylight savings time observed here.

We've started double backing up our projects, one on one of my drives since these are heavily my project files for motion graphics, the other every time we finish a project on that projects drive/storage location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to my team and sending entire files of projects into the trash.I then have to restore them and CC says "syncing files" which is about over 300 files and taking time away from our deadlines, some things we have backed up on dropbox and google drive, but some projects were specifically all on CC because they were animation or graphic design projects and it's getting very frustrating, why even have business cc subscriptions? You'd think with as much money it costs us a month and other businesses paying for CC, this could be fixed in the amount of time it's been happening... as well as the individuals/freelancers that pay monthly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry you've been encountering this issue too. Adobe is still trying to understand why the issue occurs. If you'd be willing to help us collect and pass on details too. If you have the time to respond to the same questions I had for Roger I'll pass on your info too.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines