• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files are getting deleted from creative cloud

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud just deleted 80% of our file from my CC folder on my mac. The desktop application gave me a notification saying that a file had just been deleted and I can all these files in my trash. I did not delete it, and I'm unsure about what went wrong.

This had happened before and I had to manually restore all the files from trash.

This is a nightmare as we use cc as our workspace. Please help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

@Chris@Neudesic - You have 323 files and 2107 folders in the Archive at https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive. You can Restore all the items in the Archive. Items were not archived from the CC Assets web application. Please follow the instructions in Lin He's post above and send your log files to the Core Sync team. They will be able to help resolve why items are ending up in the Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems.  Files not synching.  Missing files.  Files found in trash.  Files loaded from the Mac but not visible from the PC, and vice versa.

The problems started when the decision was made to locate all of my files on the Creative Cloud, and thus reduce filing dilemmas in this dual-platform shop.  The synch was a horror that took forever and resulted in a complete mash-up of the files.  Luckily, nothing has been permanently lost, but the glaring delays are nearly as bad.

I brought in my IT guy in order to figure out what was happening (extra expense).  I also had a couple of very disappointed customers because I could not locate their files to show them proofs on projects.  Furthermore I lost valuable production time dealing with this horrible headache.  A new external hard drive has been acquired (extra expense).

The software is not running as-advertised.  I paid out extra expenses to handle this problem, expenses which exceeded several months of my Creative Cloud subscription.

I have two questions: 

1) Is Adobe offering any compensation for this issue?  If not, why not?  This has been very distressing.

2) What is being done to resolve this issue?  I now lack confidence in the cloud-based services provided by Adobe, services I am paying for, but am not receiving.

Will Pipkin

Copy That, Ashland, Wisconsin, USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet? It happened again to my team this morning. We had a system update over the weekend which seems to coincide with files being deleted off Creative Cloud. We contacted our IT and they said it isn't anything they can fix from their end, it's an Adobe issue. This is affecting our work and it's unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laddida,

I'm sorry you are facing issues. I know with the last update to the Creative Cloud app some of the causes for this were addressed (end of July). However, I think there may be additional causes which are also going to be addressed with a future updates as well. I haven't heard of any other reports of the issue being related to a system update. Which system update was it that coincided with this new occurrence for you? If you'd be willing to share more details I can pass them on to the related engineering team to ensure they are aware.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue jus started to occur to my working team within the last month. We're seeing files moved from the CC folders to our trash cans/recycle bins in addition to syncing being interrupted. I put in a support request and talked with an Adobe representative via chat. They didn't offer any solution, just that we should restore from our CC archives.

Some details:

The work team is using separate Adobe IDs in both OS/X and Windows environments, the issue happens intermittently to all of our files stored in CC, usually timed with syncing error messages.

Some of us also have Dropbox on our computers.

It also looks like the error might be tied to CC storage being maxed out, like it’s creating a sync loop from the first instance of the error, and then as it attempts to sync itself, it “thinks” it’s out of space and dumps files into trash cans/recycle bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me this morning. One minute the 42 gb folder was where it was supposed to be in creative cloud and the next they were in my trash. I tried to call, only to be transferred 4 times and hung up on. I now have the files saved on my hard drive but I'm super nervous about putting them back on the cloud. Any help out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution for everyone here.

DO NOT USE CC FOR FILE STORAGE.

Unless you're stuck with it. Use DropBox instead. MUCH more stable, and has been around the block longer for cloud file storage and file sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and i forgot to add that THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 3 YEARS so clearly it's not on the top of their priority list of fixing it.

Dear Adobe,
   Please get your "engineers" in line. And i'm not talking about the line at Starbucks either. Also, fix your damn phone transferring system. Please want to talk to people to fix problems, not get tossed around like monkey in the middle for hours.

Sincerely,

a long time adobe customer, first time forum user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Entire folder got deleted without any user interaction. And it's NOT in the archive.

Talked to Sugandha Sharma on Nov 21st. I was told "the case would be escalated to the next level of support".

Never happened. Reached out to Sugandha Sharma again on Nov 27th, no reply.

I see another user here had the same experience with him. Honestly, get rid of the guy. And fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomas,

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Do you have I case number I could look up related to the issue?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

my case number is

ADB-230434-N0K5 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just move on, stop using their cloud system or least use it assuming things will get lost without notice. It's not worth you stressing about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to say the EXACT same thing has happened to me. I come back from Christmas vacation and nearly half my work files, 30gb are gone!! (looks like the massive deletion occurred for me on Dec. 25th) It looks like they're in the online Archive folder so I'm going to try to restore them from there, but if that fails for some reason, I'm screwed.

There's no pattern or rhyme or reason to this, MONTHS or even YEARS of work are gone. This is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and COMPLETELY unacceptable. I'm in the process of my own attempts to restore my files, but you'd better believe you're going to hear more from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to think this is happening to my company as well. Thursday of last week, over 7000 files were deleted from our cloud account. Some were in the archives, some in my trash can. I think/hope I was able to recover them all. Then on Friday, the same thing happened. Again, I think I recovered, them. At that point I removed edit access to everyone except key personnel on the folder that was effected and that seemed to stop the issue.  No random file deletions took place yesterday. Then, today, another much smaller handful of folders was deleted. With the majority of access shut off, I was able to determine that no one even accessed that folder today.

This is unacceptable. If we lose work because Adobe's file system is unreliable, it could cost us thousands of dollars. Apparently this issue has been going on for close to 3 years. On top of that, Adobe has appeared to shut down their product support as there is no longer a way to access support chat or phone numbers for anything other than account issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nuts. My organization had this problem a while back (reported above - few pages back) and it was so scary we stopped using Creative Cloud for storing or collaborating on work. With the volume of files involved it's near impossible to be 100% sure everything was recovered unless things were backed up via another source.

Designers have lost faith and in many cases completely dropped Adobe choosing to use other tools instead. This is problematic  for IT and management as it add additional cost and potential compatibility conflicts.

Adobe should drop creative cloud file component as it exists today and partner with Dropbox to integrate CC features to that platform. Many organizations use DB or similar for collaborating with clients already any way (if they cannot build their own).

Adobe has had great tools IMO, but this simple blocking and tackling has opened the company up for disruption and it's happening rapidly in the software and experience design space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

We are in the same situation, looking for a proper replacement to the CC storage due to those issues.

I would be happy to hear which solution have you came up with.

Thanks,

Ayelet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to turn this off? This is SO annoying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultf5jo46r7n1dg, what do you want to turn off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto-delete function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't want the files you delete to be deleted permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - the system automatically deleted files. They aren't files that I delete. If I haven't accessed a file in 5 days, it deletes the folder/file. I have go through and recovered hundreds of files already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're recovering deleted files from the deleted folder and you think adobe is automatically moving files to your deleted folder??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Adobe is automatically deleting my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i've heard that unless you're over your storage limit.

how do know someone else on your team is not deleting them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines