• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files I store on Adobe Creative Cloud appear on my hard drive in a folder "Creative Cloud Files"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved some things onto my Adobe Creative Cloud storage, wanting to free up space on my hard drive. I noticed that everything I moved there also appears under a folder called "Creative Cloud Files", which seems to be taking up space on my hard drive. If I delete the files from this folder, will they also delete from the cloud? How do I just store those files on the cloud and not my hard drive?

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Hi CassidyL.

If you pause sync in the Creative Cloud app preferences files can be removed from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer and will stay available online at https://assets.adobe.com/files. Just be careful to keep sync paused. The only times I've seen it become unpaused if it you reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app itself.

pause_sync copy.jpg

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a sync folder, it does not really move anything to the cloud, it syncs up with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I want to only store the files on the cloud, not the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CassidyL.

If you pause sync in the Creative Cloud app preferences files can be removed from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer and will stay available online at https://assets.adobe.com/files. Just be careful to keep sync paused. The only times I've seen it become unpaused if it you reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app itself.

pause_sync copy.jpg

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying to get my head around Creative Cloud...so if i save docs to the Creative Cloud folder, they are stored on hard drive but sync up to cloud, right?

If I store docs as creative cloud docs, straight onto the cloud, ar they just stored in the cloud and not on the hard drive?

Is there any way of moving filed between the sync folder and cloud docs? i have everything in sync folder but am trying to free up space. on my hard drive so wondering whether it would be better to. move them to cloud docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so wondering whether it would be better to. move them to cloud docs.

By @BallardieSmith

Just make sure you have backups on another drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thhank you- I have done this. Seems some files were lost when I upload to syced docs...all I can see is thhe thimbnail. Not sure Creative Cloud is going to work for me tbh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BallardieSmith 

if you save files to your sync folder locally, they're sync'd to your online cloud sync folder.

if you save files to your online cloud sync folder, they're sync'd to your local sync folder.

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you- that makes sense. I just dont understand thhe difference between where you can save 'cloud documents' and the synced files. There's 2 areas to save files? And can you move files between cloud docs and synced files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are several areas to save files, and yes, it is confusing.

and yes, maybe only some parts (or none) are useful for any one person/team.  the main purpose of all these storage options is file sharing, not file security/backup.  ie, it's designed for sharing with yourself on your various desktop and mobile devices and sharing with others.

it is definitely not designed to save backup files for file security.

again, here's an explanation - 

basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online Creative Cloud Storage

Creative Cloud Assets https://assets.adobe.com
- Synced files
- Cloud documents
- Deleted files

Lightroom https://lightroom.adobe.com
- Photos
- Albums
- Edited files
- Imported files
- Deleted files

Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com
- All documents
- Starred files
- Shared files

Adobe Express https://www.adobe.com/express/
- Projects
- Brand files
- Graphics
- Web pages
- Videos

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks nancy, I've seen this post before. I was looking for a bit more explanation to my questions. The links don;t explain the difference really and whther you can mov files between cloud docs and synced files. Just trying to understand a bit more about CC throug conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see the links above for cloud storage explainations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too basic an explanation and doesn;t answer my question. Don't worry I'll figure it out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it"?

there are two links and numerous tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you logged-in with your paid Adobe ID and password? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines