Files I store on Adobe Creative Cloud appear on my hard drive in a folder "Creative Cloud Files"

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved some things onto my Adobe Creative Cloud storage, wanting to free up space on my hard drive. I noticed that everything I moved there also appears under a folder called "Creative Cloud Files", which seems to be taking up space on my hard drive. If I delete the files from this folder, will they also delete from the cloud? How do I just store those files on the cloud and not my hard drive?

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Hi CassidyL.

If you pause sync in the Creative Cloud app preferences files can be removed from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer and will stay available online at https://assets.adobe.com/files. Just be careful to keep sync paused. The only times I've seen it become unpaused if it you reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app itself.

pause_sync copy.jpg

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a sync folder, it does not really move anything to the cloud, it syncs up with the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I want to only store the files on the cloud, not the hard drive?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CassidyL.

If you pause sync in the Creative Cloud app preferences files can be removed from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer and will stay available online at https://assets.adobe.com/files. Just be careful to keep sync paused. The only times I've seen it become unpaused if it you reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app itself.

pause_sync copy.jpg

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines