• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files missing from device and archive. Unable to access files.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are missing from my CC folder on my laptop computer and also from my online archive- it says the archive folder is empty. I have a CC folder on a desktop computer also where I can see my files but I am having syncing issues with those also. I have saved files on my laptop which may not have synced. Before the files went missing my files were failing to sync from device to device. I am very concerned that I will have lost some files permanently. Please help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Hi,

Well actually that was a good question as I was actually logged in with the

wrong account so my files weren't showing online...confusing as I had got

to it through the CC app. It doesn't explain the problem with my laptop

though as the folder is still empty and I have another folder that's

appeared with the same name.[image: Inline image 1]

Ok I will to send those files when I have time to figure out how to find

them!

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry you are having issues with Creative Cloud.

When you sync files from your computers or devices to Creative Cloud they are stored in the cloud and on your local computers or devices. When you delete from your computers or devices these files are them moved to the Creative Cloud archive, and then moved to trash on your computer or device.

You would have to manually empty your archive from Adobe Creative Cloud. This is not something can be done automatically.

Please supply your log files so we can look into your issue and find out what went wrong. You can find them in the following locations:

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Please zip these files up and upload them to Creative Cloud then send me a link  harress@adobe.com

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so they are not accessible online atall? Only on devices with CC installed? Why have my files disappeared from the folder on my laptop of they are apparently stored on the local machine aswell as the cloud?

I don't have access to my laptop at the moment so I will have to do it later

Thanks

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your files are always available online via the Adobe Creative Cloud.website as I previously mentioned in my post above unless you manually delete them yourself. Your files are only accessible on computers or devices with Creative Cloud installed. if you then delete your files on say your laptop, then these same files you deleted will also delete on every other device or computer you have Creative Cloud on. These deleted files then go into the Archive section of the Creative Cloud website.

From the Archive section you have to manually delete your files to premaritally delete them.

You can visit the Creative Cloud website and click into to the Archive section and restore files that had been previously deleted.

You mentioned in your first post your Archive folder is empty, were you referring to your Archive section on the Creative Cloud website? or your local Creative Cloud files folder on your computers or device.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I thought you were implying that only deleted files are stored online in the archive folder. When I click the link you provided it takes me to my archive which is empty. If I click 'all files' then it also says the folder is empty so it appears that no files are being stored online. I have tried relaunching the desktop app and it didn't help.

The local Creative Cloud folder on my laptop device is also empty although I have NOT deleted the files from there myself. I don't understand how that has happened  and why there is no back-up online

Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 15.22.41.png

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes that is correct, only deleted files are stored online in the Archive section of the Creative Cloud website.

If you delete a file on a device or computer it will move to trash on that device or computer and then move to the Archive section of Creative Cloud. Then you would need to manually delete files from your Archive section of Creative Cloud.

If you are now missing files on your local computers and devices and from the Archive section of Creative Cloud this is a problem. The obvious questions I am thinking is are you sure your logging into the Creative Cloud website with the same Adobe ID as your computers and devices?

To get to the bottom of what has happened could you supply me with your log files as soon as you can and provide me with your Adobe ID which has the missing files.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Well actually that was a good question as I was actually logged in with the

wrong account so my files weren't showing online...confusing as I had got

to it through the CC app. It doesn't explain the problem with my laptop

though as the folder is still empty and I have another folder that's

appeared with the same name.[image: Inline image 1]

Ok I will to send those files when I have time to figure out how to find

them!

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines