Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find Cloud documents locally?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

How can I find Cloud Documents locally? (not Document Clouds, I mean the files created in for eg Photoshop on iPad that I open on my desktop too). I know they are automatically saved to the cloud, but I can make them offline, so they should appear somewhere locally? I need to batch download my cloud documents to make a backup on a harddrive, but there doesnt seem to be any solution...

Thanks in advance

Peter

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving work to your Creative Cloud Files folder on your primary hard drive drive? 

Files in that folder are auto synced to the cloud.  So you should not need to download anything.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am using the new "Cloud Documents" in Photoshop which syncs the files between all desktop and mobile devices, it came with the new Photoshop for iPad Pro. I can open them in Photoshop on the desktop too under "Cloud Documents" tab in the Photoshop home screen. Problem is I can't find where they download locally, and Adobe doesn't allow batch download of files online...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online storage is in the following locations.

Creative Cloud

https://assets.adobe.com

Lightroom

https://lightroom.adobe.com

Document Cloud

https://documentcloud.adobe.com

Adobe Spark

https://spark.adobe.com

Sorry, I don't know where Photoshop iPad stores files.

Ask in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not specifically iPad files though, it's the new Cloud Documents... Which I think fits better here rather than the Photoshop forum as Illustrator uses it too. But thanks for the help though, appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see the folder that is being used to store files from the Adobe cloud system open the CC desktop app and click on the Cloud icon and then the Gear icon or just the Gear icon for the dekstopm preferences and then go to the Syncing tab.

To change the location of the folder used, and this will only change that location for future downloaded files, click the pencil icon.

2020-08-29 20_35_29-Creative Cloud Desktop.png2020-08-29 20_36_03-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, sorry you're having difficulties. Cloud Documents don't have a location on the local machine, they're in the cloud! However, if you need to export a local copy, you can do so from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Go to Your Work > Cloud Documents, select the files you want to export and click "Export a Local Copy" (see screenshot). Please note that this is a copy of the document, so if you make any changes to the cloud document (on your iPad or desktop), the downloaded copy will not have those changes.

Let me know if you have any questions !

-Noel at Adobe

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 4.44.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Noel! I'll mark this as the correct answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry for brining this up again, What would happen if I lost internet connection when working on a cloud document in say Illustrator and it was unable to save to the cloud. Where would it be saved if not able to upload to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good solution if you only have few files. Creative cloud only let's you download 10 files at a time. I'm really impressed sometimes with Adobe on how very simple things (Like downloading a copy of your files) can be so difficult. That's one of the many reasons people tend to use other cloud services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I always save my work to my hard drive first.  My HD is backed-up nightly to a dedicated cloud backup / recovery service because one can never have too many backups.  Sh*t happens unexpectedly, especially now with climate change.

I use Creative Cloud storage as a backup for when I need to share files with colleagues or other devices. 

I DO NOT recommend keeping your original work files on CC storage.  It's not a replacement for your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lol they removed this (the Export as local copy)... It's like Adobe found out there's a convinient feature, and thought, "Nope, can't have that!". I've read the forums, people have been asking for bulk-downloading for several years (more than 8 years). Adobe, what is going on? I'll never use cloud documents again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this thread after having the same concern -- the more I use Cloud Documents for... just about everything 😛.

While this feature does work at the file level, I tend to organize my files by making heavy use of folders -- and it would be  immensely useful if there was a way to select all folders and perform the export. There should be a way have the downloaded content's folder structure mirror the folder structure represented in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer hard drive is where I save files & folders first & foremost.  I do this because my HD is backed-up nightly to a dedicated cloud backup & recovery service called Backblaze. 

Everything in my computer's Creative Cloud Files folder automatically syncs to Adobe's Cloud storage with sub-folder structure intact. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines