Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP school is trying to ban ALL adobe products due to slowing Internet

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am a lover of all Adobe products but unfortunately the school in which I teach (and try to use innovative Adobe products) in is threatening to ban and stop our subscription of Adobe CC due to it ‘slowing down’ our internet speed.

I understand students need to sign in each time as they use shared devices however what would be the norm for downloads when just using the usual products imparticular Photoshop?

Are there any ways to limit the Internet use when using Adobe products? (We are not saving files to CC)

Any advice or ideas would really be helpful!

thanks

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Get Started forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

As an aside, Adobe CC apps run on the installed desktops. They are not cloud-based applications. As I understand it, other than the monthly check-ins with Adobe servers to verify that they are legal products and the application updates, there should be little or no Internet traffic at all, especially if you have the CC sync paused. I think your IT department needs to do more digging. Note that I am not an expert on this, so wait for those who are to weigh in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sbee7, what type of Creative Cloud membership is your educational institution utilizing?  As Linsims has indicated the applications are installed and used locally.  The internet is used to also sync files and check the status of the membership, but only the syncing of files would have any measurable results on Internet usage.

Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise memberships include the ability to manage file sync, application deployments, and licensing checks. If your educational institution is already using one of these membership types, then they already have the tools necessary to resolve their concerns.  They can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html to request technical help to resolve their concerns.

If your educational institution does not have an agreement with Adobe, and instead students and faculty are purchasing individual memberships, then they will want to look into a Creative Cloud for Enterprise educational agreement.  Individual memberships do not provide that level of customization to control the update, syncing, and licensing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines