• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I disable background processes and services

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have photoshop/lightroom creative cloud but I only use it occasionally.

I have noticed that the software installs and runs many services and background porocesses, I would like to know how to disable these as they are numerous and I do not wish to have them permanently active for software that is only used once a month. For example I do not want update services, genuine software verification, helper services etc active on what is primarily a gaming machine where additional processes are highly undesirable.

Of course I know how to disable these services through management of windows services however this then requires me to manually go through this process every time I open and close the software. Is there a more suitable and less brute force method of disabling the masses of adobe processes that clog up my machine?

I do not find it acceptable to have anything from 5 to 15 background processes running for software that is not currently in use, regardless of how many percieved benefits it may bring when the software is in use.

Failing any direct way to stop this happening, which of the processes and services would be possible to permanently disable while retaining functional use of the software?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable a program in Windows startup
-Right click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select Task Manager in the pop up option window
-Click More details if you don't see startup
-Select the Startup tab inside Task Manager
-Select the program you want to disable
-Click Disable in the bottom right corner
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course this was the first thing that I tried. I see 3 processes in task manager in startup tab that are linked with Creative Cloud software: CCX Process, CCX Process.exe and Creative Coud Desktop. I can only disable the first one, while CCX Process.exe and Creative Cloud Desktop cannot be disabled. Also, I have disabled from the app, in the General Tab, "Launch creative cloud at login" and "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date", but nothing happens, it still starts and runs in background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, please how to stop these from running, I really want to just remove creative cloud all together!

Can I somehow do that and keep photoshop, I never use the cloud at all ever so I don't want it taking so much away from my system. Photoshop works fine even after I have ended all the CC processes from the task manager, so it seems that CC is not really required.

Can someone guide me here or explain what is it that is used by CC to force me to keep it if I have a stand alone photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CC app is needed to occasionally connect to the internet and verify your subscription.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines