Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete files from Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to CC.

Could you please provide step-by-step instructions on how to delete files from CC?

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Hi Nikao,

Here are instructions for deleting files
Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikao,

Here are instructions for deleting files
Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you select more than one file at a time? to delete a bunch at once would take forever, one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select multiple items in your Creative Cloud Files folder on your hard drive, and delete them from there. When you move them to your Trash, CC moves them to Archived items in your online storage.

To permanently delete multiple items from the Archive, click the checkbox at the top of the list, that selects all the checkboxes. Then un-check the ones you want to keep in the Archive, if any.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have not found a way to send multiple items to be archived to start deleting them. So is there a way to send multiple items to be archived from where I can delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no "select all"-checkbox 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select one file name, hold shift and click another item in the list and it will check every file proceeding it. Similar to selecting multiple files/photos on your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered your question in this thread, hope it helps!

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I wasn't the one with the question. I only answered it.
Either way, the assistance is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I just reported.... Check the very top file, hold shift and check the very last, or whichever is the last. you can only do it by 1st to last, not sure about selecting individuals. but i imagine, if you want to be thhat selective, they shouldnt be in the trash. sometimes you have to think outside the box. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me, except for the fact that my "Deleted" folder has a ton of read-only files in it that aren't selectable. I've deleted everything except those in my deleted folder - but how do I get rid of the read-only files? My guess is that they were from shared libraries that I've left (or deleted, presumably), but I can't get rid of them. Can you help with deleting read-only files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, some of my files (a lot in facts) in my deleted folder can't be permanently deleted, I don't know why, do you have an idea ?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete all of your files on your computer, it syncs with the creative cloud, and deletes them in the cloud also, then the files are put in essentially the creative cloud trashcan.  The exact name is "Deleted" Tab, along with Files, Libraries, Published, Shared with you, and finally "deleted". On the left side of the screen, after you go into your creative cloud web. 

Much like others here I could only delete one item at a time since there is no "select all" option. However if you basicaly checkmark the first item, then hold shift and checkmark the last item, or a few items later, it does select all inbetween, the way that it would on a desktop, its not intuitive that it would would that on the web version of creative cloud, however that does permanently delete "deleted" items so that you can clear up space for additional items.

Hope this helps!

CJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating. Why does Adobe make it so hard to delete deleted files? What a waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed! Having a "Select All" toggle to tick/select is a basic feature of nearly any other similar list structure, meaning only 1 answer:

Adobe wants more of our money. If you think your files are deleted, and you aren't paying close attention to your folder (like all of us in this thread) it won't occur to you that you haven't actually run out of space, that your deleted items folder has a 'never delete' (!/?/wtf) default setting and 90% of your files are actually trash, so you BUY more storage.

And, as a bonus, your NOT-deleted files are being used by Adobe for whatever marketing purpose they like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Solution!

Check the very top file, hold shift and check the very last, or whichever is the last. you can only do it by 1st to last, not sure about selecting individuals. but i imagine, if you want to be thhat selective, they shouldnt be in the trash. Sometimes you have to think outside the box. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever designed this aspect of the system at Adobe should be FIRED. I've never encountered anything so dumb. WHY SHOULD IT TAKE MORE THAN CLICKING ON A BUTTON TO DELETE A FILE? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree more.  Everytime you ask a simple question via chat it is impossible to get a direct answer.  I want to just start over fresh by deleting the entire account.  Service just kept bouncing me department to department sharing threads that  do not have an explanation.  So here is goes again. 

If I uninstall all creative cloud and adobe files on my computer (pc), is customer support or tech support able to completely wipe my Adobe Creative Cloud account clean of all existing files in the cloud  as if I were a new customer who is using creative cloud for the first time. Example:  If creative cloud were a cell phone; is there a way "factory reset" that phone (creative cloud) back to its factory settings.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

If you want to empty your " deleted files" folder in CC, DO NOT GO to the Creative Cloud page . You can delete there only one by one, and shift-clikcing will not work for more that a few items.  Do this instead:

logon to with your Adobe ID https://assets.adobe.com/deleted?flags=delete_all  and click on delete all.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You Sir should be voted president of the world.

Had over 128k files and deleting 200 at a time was really painful. The worst thing is that I couldn't even see more than the latest 200 files, so after spending 2.5 days deleting 200 by 200 files. I gave up. 

For the rest of the world – the Internet should now function properly. 

Adobe – Seriously, ask someone from your UX department to spend 10 minutes deleting 10 000 files, and you should be able to improve this quite a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines