• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete local files of cloud

Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the issue is mentioned before many times: but how can I safely delete the local files of my creative cloud folder? 

As I presume now the files are always synchronized with the online storage - so it takes a lot of the local memory. I would like to have my files in the cloud and download them when I need them. It will save me a lot of local space.

Can somebody explain how to do this safely without losing data?

Tnx!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you shouldn't be using sync'd files for that.

you would be better off using dropbox or onedrive.  but even that is foolish for anything important unless you have a more secure storage option too (eg, an external hard drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how to delete files locally and keep them in the Adobe Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's unwise, but (if that's what you want) use a different cloud service as previously suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT delete local files from synced services. A well designed sync service will also delete them from the cloud. If you didn't backup that leaves you with nothing at all.

Creative Cloud is NOT a way to reduce local disk storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is risky - but I have a user on my Imac I would like to delete. This user has the Adobe Creative desktop app installed. So when I delete the user, all will be deleted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The user you want to delete - will that Adobe ID never be used again on the same Mac? Or is it that the Adobe ID will still be used, but on a different Mac username?

It shouldn't be a huge concern, though, if deleting it syncs and deletes from creative cloud, just use your backups to restore creative cloud files. If you don't have backups, don't touch anything until you do !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines