• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to download multiple files from Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded about 30 photos to creative cloud storage. Now I cannot find a way to download a group or all at the same time. You can select multiples and move to different folders within CC, but can't download multiples. Had I known this before using it, I would have made a zip folder of images. It seems a bit clunky if this is true.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

haighkj

Thanks for the info. As a professional user, more functionality in the storage would be helpful. Right now I'm using other file transfer and storage soulutions that are far superior.

I think most Cloud users would very much agree with you.

The Cloud today is a reasonable version 1 product but it's clunky, lacks fundamental features and is a latecomer to a rapidly maturing market. Other offerings currently shine in comparison.

Our expectations as consumers are very high be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, we know. We're looking for dropbox, google drive, one drive-like features that allow multi-file click and drag of files into the browser window. We also want folder download, like that found in dropbox. When you're on someone else's computer, downloading, installing CC, and synching all of your CC files is not realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't mind being a beta tester…but a paying beta tester? So I pay Adobe to let them know what to improve? =o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

softeject70 wrote:

Wouldn't mind being a beta tester…but a paying beta tester? So I pay Adobe to let them know what to improve? =o

Read through page 3 of this thread, interesting stuff to consider:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1203580?start=80&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T wrote:

softeject70 wrote:

Read through page 3 of this thread, interesting stuff to consider:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1203580?start=80&tstart=0

Ouch! Didn't have to read through more than a couple of lines to realize the potential for disaster. For file portability I'll just get myself a G-Tech drive. I guess the greatest strength of the cloud is being able to share apps. Installation of CS6 was a breeze! Wish sharing files was just as easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and something to entertain you while you do the robotic task of repeating

the same steps 60 times for no good reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 304 individual pages, they are pages for catalogues. Sending them one by to my client for approval, make changes send a new link. I didn't have any time left for design work.

I am stuck paying for 2 CC for Teams accounts that are useless for file sharing.

A drop box account had to be setup to keep the project going, and I still have to pay for the vaporware Adobe duped us into signing up for with their false advertisements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty lame. I just hit this too and I’m astonished they can’t be batched. It’s so painful watching Adobe’s leaden footsteps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am astonished that this post is 2 years old and still there is no way to download a folder. This is the most client-unfriendly solution out there for the task. EVERY other cloud storage system allows this. What's the deal Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not using it yet, but it looks like the desktop version does now mirror the cloud files local folder so files can be managed on the local machine. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s taking a while, and has been enormously frustrating at times, but Adobe are slowly getting there with the new paradigm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The result after a little testing is that while there’s no method (at least not one I can see) to download an entire folder using the web interface, the CC desktop app syncs a folder (on the Mac in ~/Creative Cloud Files) and the files within can be manipulated with bulk actions just as any other desktop files, such as moving between folders, moving to the desktop, etc.

My test was to upload a folder of 44 image files, first by adding it to the local sync folder and then checking via the web that they had been uploaded (which they had), then I deleted the files from the local folder (they disappeared from the web view) and uploaded them again via the web interface, which all went smoothly. Downloading them to the desktop was really just a matter of copying the folder from the Creative Cloud Files folder.

I also tried compressing the folder in the Creative Cloud Files folder, and the .zip archive was uploaded properly, and when I downloaded it from the web interface it opened properly, so the zip file survives the round trip.

Having tested this thoroughly it now see that (on the Mac at least) the issue is largely resolved except for instances where the desktop app isn't available, such as when working ad-hoc on an unfamiliar machine.

A limitation remains in that the web interface doesn’t allow folders to be uploaded, but since this can be done via the desktop app there is at least an option.

So it would look like the problem is resolved… mostly… kinda sorta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the desktop folder and the web folder have always mirrored each other.
The problem is that your CLIENT cannot download the folders I share with him, which is the whole point.

It doesn't help the recipient that *I* can "download" an entire folder at once, when he has to download individual pictures.

I wrote on one of these forums a couple of years ago, but the problem still seems unsolved.
Oh well... I'm glad I have my DROPBOX.  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is now easier to share content with others on Creative Cloud using the Collaboration functionality.  Please see this article for more information.  Let me know if this is the solution you're looking for.

Creative Cloud Help | Collaborate by sharing folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, derekajack!

I haven't had time to test it yet, but it seems that this could be the solution.

Reading the notification about what one can do under "collaboration" isn't maybe exactly what I want, but still better than having to download files individually:

"These people can view, edit, rename, move, or delete the contents of this folder. They can also invite or remove collaborators."

Leaving me with more control (like NOT allowing others to delete content or invite new collaborators) could be more desirable in my case, where the CLIENT does not work on the images, but is the recipient of them, but I do understand that this function is built for teamwork, for many to work on the same items.

So, thank you!
  =D

- - - - -

Would this also mean that the recipient/client gets full control of SUBFOLDERS, since I have created individual main folders for different customers.

This would be desirable, so that I don't have to perform the same "collaboration" on every single folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid not. Adobe does offer selecting (checking boxes) of multiple files under list view. What we need is a "Download" or "Download ZIP" option under "Actions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

derekajack wrote:

Hi,

It is now easier to share content with others on Creative Cloud using the Collaboration functionality.  Please see this article for more information.  Let me know if this is the solution you're looking for.

Creative Cloud Help | Collaborate by sharing folders

Any plans to add multiple file download to the CC web client after 3.5 years of users requesting it? As stated by others, it's great that we can download using the desktop app (and, yes, sharing in CC has seen great improvements recently), but it's not the solution we're looking for. We should be able to log in to our account on any machine and download as many of our files at once as we need without having to install the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was addressing the original problem posted by KoryH which is not quite the same as the one you’ve stated (though obviously related). It sounds like Dropbox is the right solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years on since your post and they still haven't come up with a solution for this issue.... Pretty sad really!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally sad....and unreasonable.  i can't believe that designers still use this sofware service. i'm going to simply open up a directory space on a server & tell the dude sending me the pics to put them there.  problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is now 6 years old and you still can't download a folder. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make that 8 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now it is 3 years later, and I still can download only one picture at a time??? I am a heavy cloud user, especially with Google Docs, so this is disappointing. For me this means either using other services than the Adobe cloud solution and/or go back to USB FlashDrives again. Downloading 1 picture at a time is just no option....I specially like to use the web interface for accessing my content on computers where I haven't installed my two Adobe CC Sync Folders, since these can only be installed on two of your own computers as far as I know?

By the way, really love how the CC apps are growing and improving, Thanx for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay extra for a third party product that allows my client to download their files on demand. As users we have told Adobe too many times this will not do and they just ignore us. It's not like the technology is not possible it's just Adobe ignoring their customers requirements.

The software is getting better but they (Adobe) don't have a clue as to what we need to provide services to our clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience shows that you can install the CC desktop app as many times as you want across as many computers you have.  Maybe more than 2 can't be running at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? I have to download my files one at a time? Wow adobe, shame on you. Downloading multiple files is so basic, like breathing. Do you really need people to tell you that? I'm switching to box.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot believe this problem started from 2012. 3 years !!! Adobe cannot make a simple improvement!! Definitely switch to dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines