• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to integrate Mailchimp with Adobe Portfolio?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I hope you can help me with this, but I am trying to add a mailing list signup form using Mailchimp to my Portfolio site but can't get it to work. Before you ask, yes I have seen the guide that Adobe has published about it  (this-https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036016774-Using-MailChimp-with-Adobe-Portfolio) but it is very vague and doesn't really help at all. I do exactly what it says and the form appears in the footer then disappears completely. What am I doing wrong here? 

Preferably I'd like the contact form to be visible on a page which is not the homepage, but I cannot even see footer options on any other pages apart from the homepage, so how would I add the form as a text file like it says you can do on the guide above? Also, would it be possible to make it a pop-up mailing form?

I feel completely lost with this! I appreciate any advice you have.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

As the page you've linked to says, MailChimp forms cannot be embedded into Portfolio pages. You will need to link to them by using the provided "Signup form URL".

Basically, add a new text link to e.g. your footer that says "Sign up for the mailing list" or similar and use the provided URL for it.
Here's how to edit your Footer: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037479793-Editing-your-footer

Example HTML (change LINK_TO_YOUR_FORM to your Signup form URL):

<a href="LINK_TO_YOUR_FORM"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the page you've linked to says, MailChimp forms cannot be embedded into Portfolio pages. You will need to link to them by using the provided "Signup form URL".

Basically, add a new text link to e.g. your footer that says "Sign up for the mailing list" or similar and use the provided URL for it.
Here's how to edit your Footer: https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037479793-Editing-your-footer

Example HTML (change LINK_TO_YOUR_FORM to your Signup form URL):

<a href="LINK_TO_YOUR_FORM" target="_blank">Sign up for the mailing list</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT- I have managed to get it to work now, thank you very much for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you manage to do it? I've been trying with no luck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend that you put an external text link to MailChimp's form in your navigation menu where everyone will see it.  All too often, links in the footer are ignored.

An external link to Mailchimp should resembe this.

<a href="https://mailchimp.com/id#xxxxxxx">Join Newsletter</a>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, Adobe Portfolio does NOT accept links to mailchimp :(( What to do? I need a newsletter link on my homepage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio DOES accept links to external URLs. See links below for details:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, but did you read the note from Adobe Portfolio in the link you posted???

"Note: do not use the embed option. We do not accept MailChimp (HTML) embeds. ".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right.  The embed option is NOT available for MailChimp which has already been stated multiple times in this discussion.  Use the alternate option instead:  an EXTERNAL text or button link to your MailChimp form.

If you need further help, please submit a help request to the Portfolio Support Desk.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines