• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Make Suitcase Fusion plugins work with Newer iMac, Adobe 2020 design programs w/out upgrading

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts will not currently activate automatically when I open files, so I have to keep writing down the font names that will not load, then search and manually activate each one in Suitcase every time I open a file with inactive fonts. It is driving me mad.

Specs:

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (machine is less than 2 years old)

Adobe Creative Programs - most used are Photoshop 2020 21.0.2 and Illustrator 2020 24.0.2

Font program is Suitcase Fusion 20.0.7 (8698) - non subscription based

When I go to 'Manage Plugins' in Suitcase, it shows that plugins are not installed, but also says, "Your plug-ins are all up to date!" in the bottom right on the dialog box. I asked specific questions via the 'help' feature with suitcase, but their response was just that I need to upgrade (which may be true).

According to Suitcase, I need to upgrade to their latest subscription-based program, the one I have is outdated (the one I have was purchased when I got my new computer less than 2 years ago). Does anyone know if it's possible to make this program work for me? OR, is there a better way to manage fonts without paying a yearly subscription? I have approximately 12,000 fonts on my machine...

Side notes: I used to work full time 6 or 7 years as an art director, when I had computer issues I had the IT guy deal with it. Now self employed and issues like this seem like a giant time suck to try and figure out, and not my strong suit. I don't do this type of work hardly at all anymore - mostly just do work here and there for old clients. I'm busy with a lot of graphic work in January, then the rest of the year there are only a few small graphic projects. Already bothers me to pay Adobe subscription all year when I hardly ever use it anymore - would prefer not to keep adding subscriptions. I just want fonts to activate when I open files that contain them...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're more likely to get a useful response in a specific forum (eg, photoshop) for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines