• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I delete images in Creative Cloud will they be deleted on my Mac Hard Drive?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a notice that I was running out of storage room on Creative Cloud. I din't have anything there to my knowledge and then I came upon huge files of family photos that I have on my desktop hard drive. If I delete them from Creative Cloud will I lose the originals on my hard drive? How can I stop this file transfer from happening?

Thanks!

...mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

copy whatever you want to retain on your computer (and remove from a sync'd file) from your cc folder and paste it to another folder.  then delete it from either your synced folder or cc web; it will be deleted from both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Items saved to your Creative Cloud Files folder are synced to your cloud storage space.  See link below for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html 

If you don't want them synced to cloud storage, don't save them to your Creative Cloud Files folder.  Move them to  external drives or dedicated cloud backups like DropBox or Google Drive.  You can never have too many backups.  Family photos deserve to be backed up in multiple places just in case.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines