• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Creative Cloud and Adobe apps for only one user on MacBook

Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I installed the Creative Cloud and Adobe apps on my Apple M1 MacBook without problems. But now I want these apps to only be accessible as a specific user. I already read that this is accomplishable by moving the app from the global Applications folder to your users Application folder. But with Creative Cloud there were many other files that came with it, I am around 330. Any ideas how I can make Creative Cloud and the installed apps only accessible for specific users?

Thanks in advance for your help and stay safe!

Tim

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

i don't know any way to control where adobe installs their ancillary files.  they are installed as if they are system files and are not specific to different users.  also, you're likely to break the cc desktop app if you do move things.  in addition, once you've made any manual changes, updates are probably going to also be problematic unless they are also done manually.

the best way to sequester the installed programs is to customize the install location in the cc desktop app preferences:

f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't different users have to sign into the cc desktop app to use adobe programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open CC Desktop App.  Click Avatar (top right image).  Log-out of Creative Cloud when you're finished using your computer for the day.

The only way other people can access your Creative Cloud apps is by logging-in with YOUR Adobe ID and password.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you two for your answers!

To be honest, I am using my MacBook from work. I there have a local (personal) profile and a work profile, which is a domain account. Now I want the Adobe apps only installed on the personal account, so the work account is not involved.

Other people do not use the Mac, so there is no need to log of. But I would like to have it clean and do not want personal and work stuffed mixed up.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know any way to control where adobe installs their ancillary files.  they are installed as if they are system files and are not specific to different users.  also, you're likely to break the cc desktop app if you do move things.  in addition, once you've made any manual changes, updates are probably going to also be problematic unless they are also done manually.

the best way to sequester the installed programs is to customize the install location in the cc desktop app preferences:

file>preferences>apps

kglad_0-1613399820812.png

however, at this point, you can expect problems if you did manually move adobe programs and try to make changes. 

to avoid those problems, you would need to undo everything changed manually, use the cc desktop app to uninstall programs that are in undesired locations, change the cc app settings and then install into the custom location.

bottomline, if you were trying to "hide" the fact that some account on your computer was using adobe cc from some other account, i would think that impossible unless you do not install the cc desktop app and then manually download and manually install each adobe program.  (and even then i think only novice sleuths could be fooled.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad for your answer. It is not that important, but since I've seen that you can move some apps to your own Applications folder I thougt that might be possible with CC aswell and thought I could ask in here if anybody might have done that before. But if it is not, its not much of a deal 🙂

Thanks everyone for the help, appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

and as @Nancy OShea and i indicated with our first messages, you can always sign out* of your cc app when you don't want anyone else to use your cc apps.  that's quck and easy.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines