• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It's 2022 and still no way to download multiple files from Cloud Libraries??

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody just locked up my last post that still hasn't been solved so here it is again. 

How is it 2021 and we STILL can't download more than one file at a time from our Cloud Libraries? I got really excited at the idea of grabbing assets and dragging them right in to whatever app I'm working in. What a handy idea I thought. So I spent a good part of a day downloading over 200 shutterstock files (we have a monthly download subscription) and then reuploading them to my Creative Cloud Library. Great! Except that the library windows are so small in the apps that you can't make out any detail so I realized this may be better as a backup and prodeeded to start downloading the files to a local folder (I had to delete all the local files I had initially downloaded from Shutterstock...long story) only to find out I could STILL only download one asset at a time. Seriously, Adobe has been aware of this issue/failure/request for almost 10 years and has done NOTHING about it. It's almost as though they want to make it as painful as possible to download all your assets so that you'll continue to use the cloud storage. I even tried synching to my Desktop but I can't seem to find any way to do that with Libraries so again, screwed. Adobe is capable of so much inovation when it comes to software development and yet fails so miserably with something that seems so simple. I even tried exporting the library from Bridge and then changing the file extention to .zip and while that kind of works in theory, it give you a folder for every single item so that's not an option either. 

It's unbelievable to me that Adobe has refused to do anything about this for so long.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user forums. if you a have request/suggestion for adobe:

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It's unbelievable to me that Adobe has refused to do anything about this for so long.

kglad answered you in this message thread

Nancy answered in your other message

Solved: Re: It's 2021 and still no way to download multipl... - Adobe Support Community - 12074132

You may not LIKE the answers, but other users in a public forum can't give you any other answers

If you don't like the answers here, try contact Adobe directly

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy actually didn't answer the question. Stating the obvious that "NOBODY can download more than a single image at a time" is not an answer. It's simply reinforcing the problem. The question was why is this not a feature by now? Adobe support absolutely read these posts as I've spoken with them (through this forum) a few times. To be honest the "gatekeeping" by Community Experts is somewhat disturbing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.

for others, it's true that adobe staff occassionally read forum posts but it's very rare that anyone from adobe reads forum posts and then passes advice on to anyone that can effect change. 

i'm the most prolific adobe forum poster (by far) and in over 20 years, i've never seen that (info passed to others that could effect change) occur except in the case of adobe app bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in case you have trouble understanding why your previous message was locked (and why you should not have restarted the same issue here), it's because these are user-to-user forums.  ie, nobody on these forums can do anything about it.  once that's explained, there's no reason to continue posting.

the better venue to call adobe's attention to this issue is the adobe wish form linked above.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Adobe Scan on my phone and today wanted to retrieve all of my scanned documents from the cloud.  I came across these threads (including the one from 2012) in the course of trying to figure out how to do so.  I am dumbfounded that Adobe has the gall to not provide this functionality in what is an obvious attempt to lock people into their cloud (just like Microsoft does with Windows nowadays).  This is a scary lesson: don't get too tied up with these big companies because, from their perspective, they OWN you.  They will tell YOU what to do and how it's going to be, even if you're paying them.

Start making good habits now.  If you don't absolutely NEED the gold standard commercial software, familiarize yourself with free and open source software (FOSS) alternatives.  You can start today by downloading a copy of Linux Mint booting it from a USB stick to see what it looks like.  It's a lot faster and nicer than modern Windows or Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@oscardelnorte 

the best you can (currently) do is to use a web browser to navigate to the following locations. at each location there are several folders/link to check.:

https://assets.adobe.com

https://lightroom.adobe.com

https://documentcloud.adobe.com

https://spark.adobe.com

if you delete anything from any of these locations, check for a deleted folder where your file(s) was (were) moved. if you want to clear space you must delete files in the deleted folder. the used storage shown at each of those four sites (when totaled), should match the space shown used by your cc files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines