• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Use Issues

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be multiple posts over the past years about issues with Libraries. I have been really frustrated trying to use them and have pretty much given up. But, making this post in HOPES that Adobe will do something to fix these issues.

1. In Illustrator, I created a bunch of named groups in which I added many different graphics. While these items do sync to the Library in other Adobe apps, NONE of the other apps show the groups that I created in Illustrator. They merely appear under a general "Graphics" category.
  2. When I place an object from the Library in Illustrator, the object and then embed it so that it can be edited, I have to first Ungroup the object, but then it is (for some insane reason) placed inside a clipping mask, so I have to release the clipping mask. I can then edit the object as normal, but now there's an invisible clipping mask object floating around that I need to delete. This is driving me insane.
  3. Why is Libraries called CC Libraries in InDesign, but just called Libraries in Photoshop and Illustrator? It always throws me when I try to open the Libraries panel in ID, because it's not called the same thing.

I really hope Adobe addresses these things, because items 1 and 2 make this Libraries feature pretty much unusable for me. It has functioned like this since this feature was introduced and has not been fixed. Even after brand new installs of the software and brand new Macs. There is no reason why a native Illustrator graphic placed into the cloud should be put into a clipping mask when it's dragged back into the software that created it. I am assuming it's because it's being converted into a PDF when it's placed in the Library, but it's completely ridiculous.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after digging around more, I finally found a solution to #1. I had to switch the Library panel display option, because that is not synced, and had to switch it to sort by Custom Group. The named groups now display properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really annoying that 2 has not been addressed. It drives me crazy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they haven't fixed it by now, they will not ever. I can only assume that by dragging the Illustrator art into the library it is automatically being converted into a PDF and so you are dragging a PDF back into Illustrator instead of the actual Illustrator file. Not sure why they would ever program something like this. Completely ridiculous and a waste of time. I might as well just keep all the Illustrator files I need on my computer and open them directly to get the art that I need. The Library is useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines