Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my library

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

We are having a huge problem with Adobe Business. We sign a contract with a company and part of the contract state that they may provide Adobe Creative applications. They suggest adding our accounts to their company business account. Obviously, this moves our personal Adobe accounts to the business platform with a third-party administrator. 

The problem comes when we end our participation and they cancel the access to applications. All our libraries get lost and locked under that account. Now we cannot leave that organization and we cannot renew any plan. We have an active account under "Personal account" but we are unable to recover the lost library or event activate that account.

We try to contact support, but they told us that the only way is that the main Company remove our account from that organization.

Help, we have 3 years of assets in that library 😞

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

that company controls your assets in their library.  they could transfer them some place where you can access them, or they could opt not to.  there's nothing adobe can do about it because from adobes perspective, it's their library.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that company controls your assets in their library.  they could transfer them some place where you can access them, or they could opt not to.  there's nothing adobe can do about it because from adobes perspective, it's their library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kglad

So we are lost 😕

They are unresponsive ... Is still hard to believe that Adobe don't offer any kind of help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can adobe offer help?  what standing do you have regarding their library?

you would need a lawyer or team of lawyers to present the legal documents establishing your ownership.  otherwise, from adobe's perspective, you have no more right to claim stuff in their library than you do to claim stuff in my library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well we have published products and campaigns, so I don't think that they may use any of that assets.

Hiring lawyers is the same as creating all the assets again.... 

What I have in mind is some kind of support or contact from adobe. The company told us that they are not able to move our account off the organization. They are willing to cooperate, but they take a long to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an individual subscription with adobe?  adobe will help you with that subscription.

do you have an enterprise or teams subscription?  adobe will help you with that subscription.

if yes, are those subscriptions involved (eg, file sharing) with the other company, you might get help from adobe. 

let me know which, if yes and yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we jump into the job we have a personal subscription, when we accept joining that organization all the library was transferred to that account. Now I have my personal account still active and I can still enter that account.

So you suggest to enter my personal account and ask for support there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an individual subscription with adobe? Yes
do you have an enterprise or teams subscription? We don't use any enterprise subscriptions, we join a company that has a company subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They help me!!!

Thanks for your help and my best wishes from the bottom of my good will! 

😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my gosh. i am truely surprised.

how were they able to help?  what did they do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahha they contact the company to conceed ownership fo the shared files!

They send a link and they guide them through the admin console to do that.

Crazy! but it works! thank you!!! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow.  i'm still shocked, and amazed they would go through that effort, but very happy this worked out. 

now that i hear the solution, i realize the other company wasn't being uncooperative.  they needed help on how to accomplish this task.  having them contact adobe support would have made more sense and been much more likely to lead to this outcome.  but you managed to find someone in adobe support that was willing to go the extra mile.  congrats!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! they don't know how to give me back the ownership.

The adobe support is amazing and the community pretty helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines