Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac freeze with ALL Adobe products

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a BIG problem as my Mac freeze while using any Adobe application.

This happens from time to time, sometimesa hours after opening an Adobe app, sometimes few minutes after.

I'm quite sure is not my Mac hardware problem, as this freezing happens only when one Adobe app is open.

It's not exactly a machine crash: suddenly the Mac freeze and restart from user login with no error messages.

App that I use: Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, After Effects

My Mac:

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

2,9 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GB

I know it's not a recent powerful machine but everything seems to go well apart from Adobe apps.

I tried to change Ram resource from preferences of any application with no luck

I tried to clean reinstall OS but nothing is changed

The most unusual thing is that this is not a real crash, so I don't receive any message and/or crash report both from OS and Adobe apps. The Mac simply freeze and after a new login it reopen all the apps

Finally, after an hardware test, Mac report that in my machine everything seems ok.

Any idea of what should I test? Without opening Adobe apps I simply never experience this freezing so it's really challenging to understand what to do.

Thanks

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

as mentioned, programs like cleanmymac are suspect.  suspend it and see if you can recreate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's you os version?

what's your ps version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All last varsions:

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1824)

Lightroom Classic: 11.2 [ 202201281441-a5b5f472 ]

Adobe Photoshop: 23.2.2 20220304.r.325

After Effects 22.2.1 build 3

Premiere Pro 22.2.0 build 128

Thanks for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your activity monitor while testing and see if you can determine if activity level rises in one of the processes.

otherwise, av, antimalware, cleaners, defraggers etc are prime suspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kglad,

already done both tests you suggest:

there are no evidence of any activity level that goes suddenly high: and in fact freezing seems to happen in completely random situation, for example: freeze while rendering in after effects; freexe while standard working image in photoshop; freeze also while simply browsing images in lightroom; and finally freeze happens also if an Adobe app is not in use but open in background behind any other software running.

There is no clue that it depends from too high use of hardware resources.

About the OS system, I use cleanmymac that is running in background and can't find any specific problem; also the system is very clean, re installed few weeks ago just to try to solve the Adobe apps problem.

So... thanks for your ideas but I think that this is not the case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as mentioned, programs like cleanmymac are suspect.  suspend it and see if you can recreate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several test I have to say you're right, thank you for your help!

Tried to close all applications I have in background, and restart one by one to check if some should cause the problem, and yes, Cleanmymac is the right answer: without it running in background never experienced freezes anymore.

Good advice to close it

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome, and good sleuthing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines