• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files on cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, where can I find my photos on cloud where they were synced? on cloud as I had a problem with my hard drive and thousands missing which were synced on cloud? Wishes to all

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they were synched, I'd expect them to be synching right back on to the computer. Or else, the deletions will be synched. Don't you have backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that cloud was a form of back up as my back up drive died!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many people have taken the view that "oh, it's on the cloud, I don't need to back up any more". I view this as in every way wrong. I'd take the view that nothing with automatic 2-way sync can possibly be a backup. Mistakes and the consequences of failures are soon in both places (or neither). That said, the Creative Cloud syncing seems to be lazy, and that might be a saving grace in some cases. It also, to my mind, magnifies the chance of losing local files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines