• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No updates listed in Creative Cloud Desktop App

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a current subscription to the Adobe Photography Plan. The Creative Cloud Desktop app on my windows 10 PC isn't displaying any updates and tells me that all of my apps are up to date.

The Help/About button on my installation of "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic" tells me that I have Release 12.3  and Camera Raw 15.3 installed.

Similarly Photoshop tells me that I have Photoshop 24.5.0 installed.

However:

The Adobe website posted "Lightroom Classic 12.4 is now available" on 13 June 2023.

Photoshop version 24.6 was similarly announced on 20 June.

Today is 17 July (over 1 month after the updates were released) and my Creative Cloud Desktop app tells me that all my apps are up to date. 

I have logged out / logged back in to the Creative Cloud desktop app and repeatedly pressed the "check for updates" button but it still tells me that I'm up to date. I am aware that Adobe staggers the rollout of apps but making peoplpe wait more than one month for an update seems rather extreme.

How do I get Lightroom Release 12.4 and Photoshop 24.6 installed on my PC without deleting my existing versions first?

Thanks

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

these are the lesser steps:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging and then reinstall using*

if those all fail, do a clean cc install carefully following ea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MAY need to update the cloud manager

Problem with Cloud manager https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling/reinstalling the Cloud desktop app reqiuires all of the Adobe apps to be uninstalled as well - that would only be the final resort:

"Before you uninstall

Uninstall Creative Cloud apps

Ensure that you uninstall all Creative Cloud apps from your device. The Creative Cloud desktop app can only be uninstalled if all Creative Cloud apps (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro) have already been uninstalled."

Presumably using the Creative Cloud Cleaner would also require all Adobe apps to be uninstalled if it is going to remove the cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my PC and rechecking for updates still tells me that the apps are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just closes and restarts the creative cloud desktop app. Subsequently rechecking for updates didn't find any updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of the cc desktop app is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its v. 5.11.0.522.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @1MickMick,

Thanks for sharing the info. Please check this article and try the steps mentioned in it and let us know if that helps:- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun

I've followed steps 1 to 5 and the desktop app still tells me that I'm up to date.

I haven't follwed step 6 "Remove the affected Creative Cloud app and then reinstall it" as the issue is with the Creative Cloud desktop app and I would have to uninstall every other Adobe app before being able to remove/reinstall the Cloud app. I consider that uninstalling Bridge, Photoshop and Lightroom is the nuclear option and absolutely the last resort as many of the application settings will be reset to the defaults and it will take a long time to get everything back to its current position.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a suggestion which doesn't involve uninstalling all of the Adobe apps from my PC and then reinstalling them?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a suggestion which doesn't involve uninstalling all of the Adobe apps from my PC and then reinstalling them?

Thanks

By @1MickMick

Well, probably not. Occasionally, it's better to go the extra mile. Somewhere on your machine, you have something that obstructs the detection of the new software version. It could well be, that uninstalling all related software and doing a clean-up solves the issue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are the lesser steps:

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if those all fail, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad, your link to the Creative Cloud repair utility worked and I have now updated all 3 apps.

Adobe has some conflicting advice in their support documents - some state that all creative cloud apps must be uninstalled before uninstalling/reinstalling the Cloud desktop (see my post on 17 July) while others like

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

just say to make sure that the Adobe apps are all closed before starting.

If it wasn't for the support items I saw which mentioned that all apps had to be uninstalled before fixing the Cloud Desktop app I would have been able to get my updates much sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear (and you're welcome!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines