• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Node.js: Server-side JavaScript has stopped working.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Node.js Problem.PNG

Hello Everyone,

After the last Adobe Creative Cloud update. I receive this error every second that takes me out of the program I am currently in. (Indesign, Premiere, Aftereffects, Photoshop). I am currently at a stand still, where a similar problem happened less than a month ago with Error: "Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript has stopped working" .

How many problems can you cause with every update Adobe? Can you fix these before updating and how do I fix this one now since I literally slowed to a snails pace with this issue.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Hi Tristan,

We are terribly sorry for making you have to go through this. Here are some steps that should help solving the issue:

• Open Start > Control Panel
  • Click on Programs
  • In the programs and features section click on 'Turn Windows Features on or off'Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 2.56.04 PM.png
  • Make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is not unchecked (A check as well as a blue box as in the screenshot below is ok)

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 3.01.04 PM.png

Please reply back to this thread in case you still face issues.

Thanks,

Atishay

Adobe CC Libraries Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix also worked for me.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 was not checked or blue on my computer.

I had uninstalled Creative Cloud after spending multiple hours with Adobe Custer Care the other night. After taking control of my computer they could not fix this issue. They thought it was a Microsoft issue of some sort.

Please forward this fix to your Customer Care team so they are able to help other customers more quickly with this issue.

With this checked I reinstalled Creative Cloud and rebooted. I have had no errors now for the last 24 hours!! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried your suggestion to fix this issue and I have also tried unchecking and rechecking this box and I am still having major issues? Do you have any other suggestions for a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, I think I had to also restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but I had tried this multiple times, when I tried unchecking and rechecking the box. So my question still remains: How do I clear this from my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having the same issue anytime I open PS and to a lesser degree CC app manager. I've updated the .net framework, checked and unchecked the .net framework 3.5.1 and restatred. It's appears to be a masterful method to engineer obsolescence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the solution on node.js error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the node.exe or node.js is tied to the Adobe Library somehow. All recent CC apps open with the Library as a window or tab that's opened. I have found if I save a custom layout without a Library window open, it helps stop the node error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I have this happening now, and I thought it was result of me messing around with my IIS and VisualStudio, etc - and it was indirectly - as one of the things I did was uncheck that 3.5 framework button. Will try to re-check and restart..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work! Mine was not even checked. I did not get this error until I installed Creative Cloud, photoshop and bridge. I have restarted my computer, I checked and unchecked the windows features  box stated in the solution. I have a windows 7 and this is interrupting everything I am trying to do. Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on since April 2016 and it still isn't fixed? Does Adobe realize that we all paid hefty sums of money to use their products? I have lost hours of work time today, because this stupid error bollixed everything up on my system--not just Creative Cloud.

So I've applied the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 solution and things are okay--for the moment. Really, Ashitay, Adobe needs to fix this error or start reimbursing people for their lost time. Seriously!

I can smell the class-action lawsuit from here . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"not unchecked"? Seriously? A double negative? I had to stare at that for a minute to make sure I got it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me... Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude, thats worked to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue, W7 SP1 - literally started over night. My updates are not set to auto install.

FIX: Grabbed the latest node.exe from their site, v12.10 for x64, updated three versions of node.exe within the Adobe folders (Photoshop, Creativecloud libraries, and Creative cloud libraries in the common files folder - I also included the node_modules folder). This seems to have solved the issue for me. 

Adobe, I pay you good money every month for professional programs that are functional. If I have to do start doing these updates myself what is the point of me paying for your services? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"FIX: Grabbed the latest node.exe from their site, v12.10 for x64,.."

"Thier site.." Who's site? Adobe's? Just needing some clarification... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the same thing but nothing has happened. What will I do now.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\libs   and click CCLibraryUninstallHook.

That's the whole science :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean, uninstall.. "CCLibraryUninstallHook" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean uninstall "CCLibraryUninstallHook".

If still happens turn off all adobe application on sistem startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That folder is empty. Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround of atjain doesn"t make any difference. If tehre is no solution to the problem, why not reinstall the older version that worked fine? Win7 Problems only with Dreamweaver CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, overnight, my problem seems to be solved. Finaly! It was a desastrous month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later and the issue persists. Showed up the other week again, despite being fine prior to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave the error minimized, do not close it, minimize it and at least let me work ... since every 5 seconds it appeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines