• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Node.js: Server-side JavaScript has stopped working.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Node.js Problem.PNG

Hello Everyone,

After the last Adobe Creative Cloud update. I receive this error every second that takes me out of the program I am currently in. (Indesign, Premiere, Aftereffects, Photoshop). I am currently at a stand still, where a similar problem happened less than a month ago with Error: "Evented I/O for V8 JavaScript has stopped working" .

How many problems can you cause with every update Adobe? Can you fix these before updating and how do I fix this one now since I literally slowed to a snails pace with this issue.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Hi Tristan,

We are terribly sorry for making you have to go through this. Here are some steps that should help solving the issue:

• Open Start > Control Panel
  • Click on Programs
  • In the programs and features section click on 'Turn Windows Features on or off'Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 2.56.04 PM.png
  • Make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is not unchecked (A check as well as a blue box as in the screenshot below is ok)

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 3.01.04 PM.png

Please reply back to this thread in case you still face issues.

Thanks,

Atishay

Adobe CC Libraries Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue.... this is absolutely ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKAROUND: Backup and delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\libs\node.exe

This is not recommended but will free you to go through this stupid error all the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the obvious workaround benefit, what gets affected by deleting node.exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't tell you, for now didn't notice any difference but it is certain that even before deleting it the node.exe wasn't being any helpful because of this error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You my son are a hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so far the only true fix! Kudos to you and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 is apparently immune, Windows 7 SP1 is affected and I don't know about Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here but deleting node.exe didn't resolve the issue (though node.exe is what is referenced in the details of the error).  Any other thoughts out there?  I tried stopping the creative cloud app from starting at login but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted the node.exe and the error comes up less often, but still comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got rid of the evented I/O problem and now this is destroying my processing time. Why is it occuring? why does adobe not

fix it when they see re all frustrated? Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Adobe applications have recreated the node.exe, try to check if it is still there, because without node.exe this error should no longer appear, try also check Windows Updade if you have all the updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and there wasn’t a new instance of node.exe after I deleted it but somehow that error still shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get node.exe to come up Russellk. This just occurs less often after deleting the file. So its a bandage, not a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to work right through the error message but it is annoying. Still using Windows7 and will as long as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe keep releasing updates that cause more errors regarding the node. Why haven't they fixed the original problem. It used to be that downloading node.exe and replacing it fixed the error now that doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this error in Creative Cloud at one of my clients. What I found was that the error had started occurring after an version update or upgrade. Upon closer examination I found that the original version of node.exe was approximately 5.5 MB and there was a newer one in the update that was slightly over 11 MB. The environment still pointed to the older file location, so I renamed the old original node file and copied the newer version into the folder.  After that - no more errors have appeared (at least in the last several hours - and the client said they had been popping up every few minutes, at login, or opening various applications. I hope this helps.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is happening for my client on brand new installs, not upgrades, so not sure where to go from here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this tidbit (figured it might help someone more technical)

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/learning-server-side-javascript-with-nodejs--net-10044

it doesn't fair well with windows or for long term connections like to all of us using adobe products. I am pretty sure that adobe isn't responding because it hasn't a clue yet how to fix the issue. you'd think they would realize that eventually they will lose customers over their programming mistakes. we'll see.

Tell me Russel can you do anything with this bit of information that may help the rest of us come up with a work around?

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I tried that but my node is.. 13.238mb and still does continue to error even when program isn't running which is VERY annoying. I'll be in the middle of watching a video on youtube or working on a word document and up it pops. ANNOYING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same freakin' problem. I've tried renaming the executable, but no relief. What they hell Adobe???? This didn't happen until I upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the worst part is it is more frequent in the last few days - so I will speculate that adobe is working on the issue - I am probably wrong though since they have not had one iota of communication with us to even acknowledge the problem. hell of a way to run a business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tristan,

We are terribly sorry for making you have to go through this. Here are some steps that should help solving the issue:

• Open Start > Control Panel
  • Click on Programs
  • In the programs and features section click on 'Turn Windows Features on or off'Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 2.56.04 PM.png
  • Make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is not unchecked (A check as well as a blue box as in the screenshot below is ok)

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 3.01.04 PM.png

Please reply back to this thread in case you still face issues.

Thanks,

Atishay

Adobe CC Libraries Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>Make sure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is not unchecked (A check as well as a blue box as in the screenshot below is ok.

The box is checked... didn't fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was not checked and/or blue - so I pressed on it and it became blue, and I pressed apply and reboot my computer. You can always try unchecking it. Rebooting and then manually checking it again. Hope this helps.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines