Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanently deleting files from "Deleted" folder in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I understand that removing files from your Creative Cloud storage is a two-step process. I have already archived everything I want gone. When I go to the "Deleted" tab to permanently delete all the files there, some files have an error message and will not go away no matter what I do. One message says, "Cannot delete asset permanently", while another says, "Cannot delete asset because someone has restored the file". I haven't restored anything that is in the archive and cannot find a way around these errors. Not to mention that I don't have the option to check all the files at once, so it has been taking me way too long to check every single one by hand. I haven't even made a dent in it so it would take hours to manually delete everything.

If an Adobe employee could permanently delete the files in my archive or explain to me how to do it so that it works, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if you can isolate the problem file(s) by selecting ~1/2 and deleting.  it there's a problem there, select about 1/2 of the file in that problematic 1/2 and try deleting those etc.

if you don't want to do that and you think adobe support might be able to help, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1629901270239.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue.

For anyone who comes across this... I found emptying my Recycle Bin first resolved the issue. 
I found it was mainly OCTET files that wouldn't delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@danbergjohnsen 

thank you for that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines