• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please allow collections within collections on adobe portfolio!!

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a multi-discipline personal user of all an all apps plan. I use adobe for fun, but occasionally might have a paid gig every now and then. 

Adobe portfolio is my go-to to show my work mostly beacuse I already pay for the plan through my apps and love the simplicity of it. However, I really wish there was a way to do collections within collections. As a designer with multiple discplines, there isn't a native way to share a single site with mulitple types of work effectively. - which is ironic given that there are so many adobe apps and variety in the work that can be created using the apps. I have had to create different portfolios for each genre of work which is quite ineffective in the long term. 

I know adobe portfolio is not actively improved upon but it still appears to have a strong fan base. I have requested this seemingly simple update for years via the feedback form to no avail. I understand and accept most limiations of the sites but this one seems to be a pretty inoucous thing that could improve the usage drastically for many users!

If you are in adobe please consider this!!!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eadkins,

This user-to-user forum has nothing to do with Portfolio decisions.  We're fellow product users like you.

Submit feature requests directly to Portfolio's support team below.  If they have a lot of requests for it and it's feasible, they may add it as some future date.

- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Meanwhile, Portfolio allows you to create up to 5 websites.  That should be plenty to showcase your various disciplines, gallery openings or special events.  See below about managing multiple sites from one account.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036117214-Managing-multiple-sites

If it's not enough, I suggest you look at adding Adobe Express to your Portfolio.

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month):

Mobile & web-based graphics, web & video apps for creating social media & web content.
https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm well aware this is peer to peer user forum  but staff at Adobe routinely look on the forums and provide comments and I've had other issues that were software related that I presented here and were resolved by Adobe from hearing about it here. In the event they came across it, well that was my intention a last ditch effort. 

I've submitted tons of requests for these simple features following their feedback form and although they say they read them all, Adobe portfolio has never improved...well to be bluntly, ever. They even closed down the Adobe portfolio community board so troubleshooting is impossible. I've read other shared Reddit posts and other concerns regarding this very simple fix,, and why it doesn't end up working for most people. 

yes, im also well aware most people don't even use Adobe portfolio but it's been the main reason I keep my personal subscription account active as otherwise I would just cancel it and use my access through my school login. 

having 5 different website domains is pretty cumbersome. I actually don't mind the inclusion of the .myportfolio but since I'm a student on a student sub, it's looking like  my money I put into the subscription could be put elsewhere into a legit website service and I just cancel my entire Adobe sub and use what is available to me through school. Obviously, the less advantageous considering the value that Adobe apps provides but portfolio is why I keep my sub active. 

that's my thoughts on the issue. 

it just seems like such a simple fix. Particularly important considering their target audience is people who have multiple apps and therefore multiple genres of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

staff at Adobe routinely look on the forums...

By @eadkins

========

Not true.  Portfolio support is on Zendesk and they never see these forums.  They have their own physical space which has nothing to do with this one.  Do whatever you like but as far as I know, collections in collections are not a feasible feature which is why it hasn't been added.

If you can pay for hosted services, look at Webflow, Squarespace or WordPress.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines