• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: How do I stop creative cloud leaving background processes running

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I came to this forum looking for help about an issue of a rogue Creative Cloud service running after I have run and exited Creative Cloud.

All Adobe services that I can find started either either in my startup, services or scheduler have been stopped.

I start creative cloud to see if anything has changed or an update is avaialble.  I exit it and quit when done.  This should then close and leave nothing running.

Why is some Creative Service (unknown) continuing to run?

For Gods sake the other posts in here are up to 6 years old?   Are the Adobe programmers incompetent?  You have enough money from greedy profits to write software without bugs.  I should know I was a Government IT Quality Engineer for over 25 years!!!

Get your finger out Adobe and fix this silly 6 year old problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but just because syncing and updating in the background make the life of the developper easier, it doesnt mean the user have no say in it...
I, as a user, do not want software executing without my permission.

For instance, on my mac this morning, my CPU went from 15%ish to 80%ish. When I went to see what it was, it was a creative cloud process eating most of my CPU. I haven't opened XD or Photoshop for about 2 weeks, and Creative Cloud isn't running (at least not openly)....

When you shut down an application, you expect it to be ... shut down...

I find it extremely disturbing when a company tries to justify its incompetence by hiding behing some fake IT requirements...
This doesn't only show bad software design, but also dishonest communication to the consumer...

I am really glad the we finally have some alternatives to Adobe products, so we can get out of this monopoly and have products that respect their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm a user too.  these are user-to-user forums.

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this rant was not against you but more against the link you provided.

To me this page about how background process is important does not justify why Creative Cloud must have access to my disk, cpu and network anytime it wants.

It just simply violate my privacy, and seeing that it has been years and Adobe did not do anything to fix this, I will just stop complaining and just use Figma...

Anyway thanks @kglad for the link you provided. It helped me see Adobe's stance on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion is to not use this program due to privacy concerns . In my case it got installed by itself , started scanning my c:\<username> folder and transmitting god knows what to the adobe servers .

When i realised i tried to right click on taskbar and exit it but it doesnt allow . I tried to unistall it and it also said it cant uninstall . I had to download an uinstaller.exe from adobe website .

Personally i wouldnt let such kind of program run on my pc hidden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines