• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Received Email from Kanvasroom about Adobe Case Study

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from someone named Aaron Pludwinski with "Kanvasroom." They claim they are working with Adobe on the Adobe Community Awards and are looking for mentors in a mentorship program. The reward for helping a 1 year t

Does anyone have any insight to if this is legitamite? 

Email as follows: 

Hi MY NAME,

We’re currently running a case study with Adobe to connect emerging creators from the worldwide Adobe Awards community with experienced professionals for advice.

We found your portfolio (WEBSITE WITH MY PORTFOLIO) and feel these aspiring creatives would be ecstatic to hear some of the insight you’ve gained from your experience.

Participation in this case study consists of one private 1-hour video call with an Adobe Awards creator to give them advice followed by a debrief with us so we can learn and improve the experience in the future.

If you wish to continue the relationship with the creator we connect you with, you absolutely can, but there would be no expectation of you to do so.

Adobe is providing everyone that completes a mentorship call and a debrief with a 1-year transferable license to Adobe Creative Cloud.

We have limited spots available for this case study - if you’re interested in being considered, please fill out this form by January 30th: LINK TO FORM

If we find someone that we think could benefit from your advice, we’ll send you an email with information on the creator and give you an option to set up the mentorship call with them.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your time everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it is some type of spam, fishing, thing.

A Google search for Kanvasroom turns up this.

2020-01-28 11_13_41-kanvasroom - Google Search.png

Top result is "Coming Soon".

I personally would just Delete that email, flush my email clients Trash folder and move on.

YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you work FOR Adobe? In othere words does Adobe pay you, are you an Employee of Adobe?

If you are not paid by Adobe as an Employee you should not be using @Adobe in you screen name or anyplace else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are truly an Adobe Employee, you need to get badged as such.  Your profile doesn't say you are an Adobe Employee. I will put in a request for your status to be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately many scammers have posted in these forums with a forum handle in the format you are using. We deal with them on a daily basis. It's one of the curses of these forums.

Badging you as an Adobe Employee will prevent misidentification and validate your posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa, in these days of scams, it's important to give users a way to check the authenticity of what they receive, especially from third parties. I know I would have deleted it without question. A page actually on *.adobe.com which supports this info - and which the email can recommend - might be helpful, though people may be unwilling to click on links. Including an email @adobe.com that people can contact for verification may help. The language used "We found your portfolio (WEBSITE WITH MY PORTFOLIO) and feel these aspiring creatives would be ecstatic to hear some of the insight you’ve gained from your experience." also is very much the curious style loved by spammers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recieved this same email but from a Derien Scott. The big thing for me that makes me still suspect, at least mine is spam. They used a portfolio site that I have no work up. So how is it that someone can find my work on a site like artstation, where I have had no work loaded on there for more than a year? Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 10.03.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-04 at 10.04.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this Conversation from the Using the Community forum to the CC Services forum as it Clearly does not belong in trhe Using the Community forum. It has Nothing to do with getting help using this forum system.

It is about a Suspected Email Scam that is actually a REAL part of Adobe. and or one of their partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mentor programs are nothing new.  It's probably legitimate. But but don't give out any personal information.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines