• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Adobe Cloud files ONLY on a local computer, or sync ONLY certain folders

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there is a way to delete local copies of files in one of my computers without affecting ALL the cloud or the contents in other computers connected to my account.

If so, how?

I want to make space on a machine, and be able to access my CC folders without downloading ALL of them.

Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Hi Bontempos

There isn't a way to selectively sync only certain folders but I can suggest a few ideas in relation to your question.

When the file sync service is running, it is designed to keep both files locally in the Creative Cloud files folder on your computer and online within your Creative Cloud files storage synchronized. If you add a file to the folder on your computer, it gets uploaded to the storage online. If you uploaded a file through a browser to the storage, it gets downloaded to Cr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bontempos

There isn't a way to selectively sync only certain folders but I can suggest a few ideas in relation to your question.

When the file sync service is running, it is designed to keep both files locally in the Creative Cloud files folder on your computer and online within your Creative Cloud files storage synchronized. If you add a file to the folder on your computer, it gets uploaded to the storage online. If you uploaded a file through a browser to the storage, it gets downloaded to Creative Cloud files folder on your computer. If you removed a file from the Creative Cloud files folder on your computer, it gets moved to the Archive online. If you deleted a file online, it gets moved to the trash on your computer. The service keeps the content the same at both locations.

Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

You can simply turn off the service from the Creative Cloud app preferences though to disable the synchronization. That would allow you to delete the local content if you wanted and you could still manually download files from the storage using a browser if needed.

prefs.jpg

However, there are also a few other dependencies that rely on the sync service too that would get disabled. So you might not want to go that route, if they are also something you use. The other dependencies are 

• Libraries and using the Library panel within the desktop programs
  • Typekit fonts
  • Marketing assets within the Creative Cloud app

Note sure if that helps or not,

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I decided to turn of sync temporarily to delete local files and then reconnect sync, would it resync all my data or just the data I upload after that point in time? I'm asking because I noticed that my total CC storage is higher than the files stored on my desktop. I assume the variance could be attributed to my library files and mobile files, but still, if that's the case how come they don't sync to my desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve this? im worried about deleting the folder on a computer my partner is now using that it will delete all the files ive created on CC hence deleting years of work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do NOT Delete the CC sync folder on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines