• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder from file explorer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to try out Acrobat DC. Together with the download of Acrobat I installed Creative Cloud. After testing Acrobat I deinstalled it together with die Creative Cloud Application. During my tryouts I never used the Creative Cloud storage but after the deinstallation the folder/shortcut still appeard in the sidebar of my file explorer.

I've already tried the 'Creative Cleaner Tool' to remove all software. Since my problem seems similar to this one I tried both shown solutions. Sadly both didn't work for me. It seems to me that the registry that the unPinCCF.reg tries to change is not the same anymore.

Is there a way to delete the folder/shortcut from the sidebar of the file explorer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Well I think I finally found it thanks to @__cj. The folder can be removed by changing the value System.IsPinnedToNameSpacetree from 1 to 0 in the windows registry with uuid ({0E270DAA-1BE6-48F2-AC49-43C673CC2542}).

For a more detailed solution on how to do this you can look up this article about removing the OneDrive folder from the file explorer sidebar. To remove the 'Creative Clouds Folder' you just need to look for the above mentioned uuid instead of the one in the article. The rest of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to "Quick Access", Right Mouse→Unpin from Quick access

Abambo_0-1648905786883.png

As you have uninstalled Creative Cloud, it shouldn't reappear.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo for your answer, but I think there might has been a misunderstanding. I wasn't talking about the 'Creative Cloud Files' being in the quick access section. Somehow my folder showed up next to where OneDrive or other cloud provider apear.

Adobe_Problem.png

It's outside of the 'quick access' section so I dont't have the option to just unpin it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I think I finally found it thanks to @__cj. The folder can be removed by changing the value System.IsPinnedToNameSpacetree from 1 to 0 in the windows registry with uuid ({0E270DAA-1BE6-48F2-AC49-43C673CC2542}).

For a more detailed solution on how to do this you can look up this article about removing the OneDrive folder from the file explorer sidebar. To remove the 'Creative Clouds Folder' you just need to look for the above mentioned uuid instead of the one in the article. The rest of the procedure is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines