Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REQUEST: Allow copy/paste into CC app login fields

Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I've just been asked to re-sign in to the CC app for some reason but the username/password fields no longer accept pasted info - is that correct?

Many of us use password managers with crazy passwords. This is great for security but impossible to remember and really painful to type in. If you don't allow pasted info, you encourage simpler passwords and the reusing of passwords. Also, it's an app on my machine, it's not like a public facing website - right?

Please revert this policy and allow pasted username/password info in the CC app.

Cheers, 

Ben

P.S At least include 'Account' as a topic or allow us to create topics to make posts relevent. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, which operating system is installed on the computer? Which password manager are you using?  When was the last time you were able to successfully paste information into the login window within the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, answers below...

• Mac OSX 11.4
  • 1Password
  • No idea when I was able to do this last, it's been a long since time since the app asked me to login sorry

But I wasn't even trying to use 1Password, I was trying to copy/paste. Cheers, Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry, Ben, but I am unable to duplicate the behavior you described.  I tested the process under macOS 11.5.2 and Creative Cloud desktop app version 5.5.0.619, and I encountered no problems pasting into the password field.

I would recommend you review the settings for any login items or clipboard managers to verify they are not interfering with using the computer's clipboard function.  You can start by checking the list of login items. For more information, please see https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-items-automatically-when-you-log-in-mh15189/mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here.
macOS 12.3
Creative Cloud 5.6.5.58

Even when I copy email from editor, I can not paste this into the login field.

Also, there is a second thread about this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-t-paste-adobe-id-password-into-cc-lo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When pasting in to the login window that has been created by the Creative Cloud App, there is no problem.

But when running Adobe Dreamweaver as first application, it seems to create a different login window, and the paste function does not work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines