• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved cloud files (PSD), not showing on mac (Creative Cloud Files)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really confused as to why my .psd files I am working on photshop/fresco iPad apps are not showing on my mac. I assume this should be syncing to my mac, correct?

My folder structure in Finder (/Users/Name/Creative Cloud Files):

_Cloud documents.webloc
1x
Adobe

It is showing a completely different folder structure when I go view the .PSD files through creative cloud (either on https://assets.adobe.com/ or via the app).

How could this be?

I guess my question is, is this a bug, sloppy functionality, or just user error? It would be nice to sync my .psd files like I would with dropbox, where it shows them in finder. Is this possible?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Just FYI, 

The main issue was that I was not on indesign beta. I guess the ability to access cloud documents is a new feature only available on the beta app.

But, I still think that the 'cloud documents' should be accessible via finder. That is a design flaw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is possible. just save to your sync folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying:
Cloud Files --> Sync Folder (Doesn't do this by default, cloud files saved from ipad, viewable online are not saved to sync folder by default)
Manually Take my Cloud files --> Add to Sync folder (This is what must be done manually?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the sync folder does what you asked in your first post. non-computers can't handle many of the files you could add there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I am just not understanding your responses. Maybe my question wasn't clear. 

My issue is this: I open a .PSD file from dropbox in the iPad app (Photoshop). It saves it to the "cloud files" automatically after any edits. When I open Photoshop on my mac, I see them there. But I need them for indesign, so I go to place them from my Mac Finder (/Users/Name/Creative Cloud Files), but they are nowhere to be found in finder. 

I still cannot figure out if this is troubleshooting issue or expected behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in ps click save to a local folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, 

The main issue was that I was not on indesign beta. I guess the ability to access cloud documents is a new feature only available on the beta app.

But, I still think that the 'cloud documents' should be accessible via finder. That is a design flaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

indesign?

how was that relevant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines