Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security Alert popup - Revocation info for security certificate not available

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm getting constant Security Alert popups from what i'm assuming is the adobe creative cloud running in the background. It says, "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?"

Whether I click yes or no it always comes back within minutes. The certificate points to adobe.io and claims "Ensures the identity of a remote computer", valid until 2022.

Normally I would close the app from the system tray, but I notice nothing pops up when I right click. Instead I have to open and quit, then end any lingering tasks if needed. I just installed this less than a week ago and nothing has changed on my computer. I guess I could reinstall, but I wanted to check and see if there was anything else I could try before then.

I included a screen shot of the alert.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Stratus

P.S - It won't let me post unless I pick one of four topics and none of them apply. Sorry.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe recently upped their requirements for browser security, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglag,

I'm not using a browser though. In fact, this starts right upon PC startup and continues regardless of browser usage or not.

Thanks,

Stratus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you use the cc desktop app, it's checking your default browser security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for that information. How do I make it stop though? I'm running up to date windows 10 and CC is up to date. I'm also running by default the brave browser which is up to date and runs on the chrome backend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll probably need to do research starting with that link.  but you need to be more careful; i think your browers' backend is chromium, not chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the link when you sent it, but it doesn't really provide any more instruction that upgrading your browser.

You are correct, the backend for both chrome and brave is chromium, I just didn't specify that to keep things basic for anyone else with this issue.

I guess i'll keep looking for an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct. you'll need to research that.  i'd never heard of the brave browser until you mentioned it.

google: "brave browser tls 1.2"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I researched it and there doesn't appear to be a way to only use TLS 1.2 or higher, even with chrome. I'm not really sure that this is even a fix because the certificate doesn't even state TLS 1.1, it states SHA2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a different default browser.  Or dial back your current browser's security settings by disabling Check for server certificate revocation and restart your browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I changed default browsers to chrome, rebooted, and it's still showing the same popup. I didn't see anything in chrome or brave referring to this security setting.

Stratus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue. None of the above suggestions have worked, I am still getting the pop up, and nothing I click on works, neither Yes or No or OK or anything. Neither do I find Check for server certificate revocation in my Chrome security settings.

Are there any news regarding this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

No, no additional news. The only thing that works is opening the CC app, and choosing quit. I tried removing it from startup apps, but the popup would still show and then i'd have no way for it to cease. Now that I have this workaround, the issue is tolerable, though still annoying when I start my computer and walk away.

If you do end up with a million windows, it's best to open task manager and end the active task. It will save you much clicking and your mouse will thank you.

At some point i'll probably contact support, but i've heard plenty of horror stories of people contacting them for hours and getting nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thanks for that!
Actually, I have news: I just uninstalled the CC app, and lo and behold,
the pop ups have disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expected as much, but how are you going to update your apps now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea Same problem here since a couple of days. No matter if I install the certificate, with succesful completeion, or if I skip it, after the next reboot the popups drive me crazy again.
If I can't get rid of this, I'll drop my Adobe subscription.

This is annoying, pls help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a fellow product user, I can't reproduce your problem on my Win10 workstation with latest CC Desktop App.  So I can't help you.

CONTACT ADOBE TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Txs Nancy, I'll do so. (I am also om Win10, latest CC Desktop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

Let me know if support says anything. My workaround above does pretty well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you already saw this but sharing it too in case it's helpful https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/revocation-information-for-the-security-...

the users on that thread resolved the issue by uninstalling an older version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David__B , thanks for that post. I guess Nancy forgot about that thread. Given the lack of patience on from that poster, I guess I can't blame her! I tried uninstalling LR classic just for ha ha's, but it didn't work. There was only one instance of it to begin with. Good thought though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing. Have you tried installing the certificate too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I couldn't find any way to do that with the materials that were provided to me by others. I tried searching, but came up with nothing. If you had a source you could share that discusses how to do it, i'd appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option should appear when bringing up the certificate itself. It is one of the buttons at the bottom in the screen shot you posted originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines