• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective sync for Creative Cloud Files?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to selective sync certain folders in Creative Cloud. I found an old blog post here Selectively Sync folders on your computer using Creative Cloud « Caveat Lector but I don't have that option in my Finder window.

I have two computers with the same Creative Cloud account (work desktop and home laptop), I don't want to sync all of my work files to my home laptop as it takes up too much space. Surely there is a way to choose which folders sync to your computer in the same way that Dropbox/Google Drive works?

Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry for all the frustration this has caused to all of you. Due to changing priorities, this feature request got overlooked for quite some time now. This feature now has found it's way in ToDo list. The engineering team will start looking into it very soon.

Thank you all so much for your patience. And I am again so sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Also, please share your interest in having this feature by voting/commenting here:  Selective Sync – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an essential feature please reinstate! Business can't function without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone should follow and like this post at the top. Maybe it will get product managers to pay attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 9/13/2017 and this feature reinstatement request has truly gone well beyond laughable at this point. This is an absolutely crucial feature for small teams of professionals with limited license restrictions. Having multiple project files which have to remain on tiny laptop hard drives for projects in progress but not assigned to everyone is just dumb.

Please, just give us the feature back (even if it's only on Windows)!  DO IT NOW or alternatively just take the heat from your customer base for openly refusing to implement it, but communicate it either way!  Do we need a petition on social media to get useful features from Adobe now?  OK, I'll go start one right now!  Thanks for inspiring me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry for all the frustration this has caused to all of you. Due to changing priorities, this feature request got overlooked for quite some time now. This feature now has found it's way in ToDo list. The engineering team will start looking into it very soon.

Thank you all so much for your patience. And I am again so sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Also, please share your interest in having this feature by voting/commenting here:  Selective Sync – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this. I have my home pc with Classic and all my files locally and in the cloud. I want to use CC on my laptop, but I don't want to download every file onto it! This needs addressing asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ramesh,

What is the status update on this please? My work laptop can't handle all of the files in my cloud and as I have to wait for all of the files to sync, I can't work. It's vey frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on the update ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates or rough timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So please tell the people how to work with this system!

I have a desktop Macpro and a macbook air, it fills my 25GB cloud space immeadeately I don't know how to stop it without destroiying my structure. This makes no sense at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much time and it is still an issue? Well, SO DISAPPOINTING ADOBE, such a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? I still don't see this fixed in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you define "very soon"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a timeline for this feature? A lot of users (myself included) are understandably getting quite upset. This has rendered my laptop virtually unusable as it is perpetually filling up with project files from myself and other collaborators.

It sounds like many users have moved their storage off to Dropbox, which makes sense given that they offer the very basic functionality of letting you choose what folders are synched where.

Please prioritize this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who knows, Adobe may be preparing to kill the cloud storage all together

like they have other products. I would recommend not putting all your eggs

in one basket. Lack of response by Adobe sounds like the writing on the

wall to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to be implemented? There has been no update about this feature since last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the expected date for this fix to see the light of day?

PLEASE implement this urgently. It's completely unacceptable. Most people have a Desktop computer where they're likely interested in syncing all their Creative Cloud files and then a laptop with very limited space where they don't want all files to be synced. This is absolutely basic for any Cloud Storage Solution. My laptop has 0 bytes left and I'm unable to use it at all. Needs to be resolved ASAP. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on this yet?

Its really very frustrating that I can only keep current projects synced and that I have to move projects to an external network drive to stop my MacBook filling up. 

Im constantly asked by people if they can see an old project, I check CC on my phone and of course, it's not there!

This is a very basic feature employed by all of the big cloud storage providers like Dropbox and OneDrive - the whole USP of Creative Cloud is that all of your work is there for you and can be accessed by any of the CC apps at the touch of a button. This completely falls down when you're forced to store your work on a different cloud!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to 2020 and still no selective sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, this issue has such an impact on users and Adobe is being so non-responsive in resolving this. The link to report is broken but I did find a reporting page and posted. Adobe has done such a good job of integreating cloud documents into the workflow that it adds great value for Creative Cloud, thank you. When introduced (MAC user) selective sync was available and I moved everything from Dropbox to Creative Clound, improving my workflow. The inabality to selectve sync takes all that functionality away. I spend more time moving files then I save with the integration. Like many users working on a laptop with limited storage and a desktop with considerably more storage, PLEASE provide some timeline so that Adobe users like myself can make an informed decision to wait or move to another cloud service (like Dropbox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the dev roadmap for selective sync, are then any roadmap plans you can share? The link you left don't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on the progress of this feature? The laptop can't store all of the files and it is preventing me from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update, I really want this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us how to work around it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no solution to this issue?  It seems Adobe has gone silent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear Adobe are finally starting to work on this critical CC Files capability -- which should have been there from the beginning.  I hope it happens SOON!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines