• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective sync for Creative Cloud Files?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to selective sync certain folders in Creative Cloud. I found an old blog post here Selectively Sync folders on your computer using Creative Cloud « Caveat Lector but I don't have that option in my Finder window.

I have two computers with the same Creative Cloud account (work desktop and home laptop), I don't want to sync all of my work files to my home laptop as it takes up too much space. Surely there is a way to choose which folders sync to your computer in the same way that Dropbox/Google Drive works?

Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry for all the frustration this has caused to all of you. Due to changing priorities, this feature request got overlooked for quite some time now. This feature now has found it's way in ToDo list. The engineering team will start looking into it very soon.

Thank you all so much for your patience. And I am again so sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Also, please share your interest in having this feature by voting/commenting here:  Selective Sync – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what have you all been doing as a workaround? i'm out of local storage and am considering turning off creative cloud sync on my computer and deleting my local stored pics, then do manual download / upload from creative cloud.

I am afraid that if i somehow turn it back on, priority will be given to my local drive and delete all my assets from the cloud?

is there a way to utilize google drive (which you can selective sync with) instead of CC but still sync to CC?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto on the storage issue. I was searching for a selective sync feature to free up some disk space on my laptop when I stumbled upon this Adobe "To-do."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that i could install the creative cloud folder on my Google Drive file stream however, after doing that it shows that you cant install CC on a "removable drive". super annoying there isn't a viable workaround to save hard drive space. seems crazy selective sync wasn't a priority (Google drive has this feature and works great but no synergy with adobe. ie. have a folder you have all your current work on, once complete move to a folder that is strictly cloud based)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have we had a fix on this problem? Ive started  using the new text asset feature in CC library so I can send formatted text blocks to a client. The Client has turned off the Sync option because he has too many files being synced on his mac book. He also would like to be able to selectively choose which folders to sync.

So Im in a pickle because I think I need his file sync to be enabled to be able to get his updated text edits. Is that correct?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it safe to assume at this point you can't sync certain folders and backup the same as you can on Google Drive? Or has this feature been added already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting on this supposed fix.

I think they know that people are using Adobe Creative Cloud as a storage spot and by forcing you to download everything to your computer you're limited in the amount of data you can store to the size of your personal disk.  Which makes it pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to see this as an option.....

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 12.48.02 AM.png

I was digging around in every preference folder I could imagine. Oh my surprise when I stumbled upon this forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me this is coming back. The lack of this features is making Creative Cloud storage unusable. My secondary (personal) computer can't handle the full load of my active projects and files. I'll need to abandon CC storage if this doesn't come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already abandoned it for the most part and went back to Google Drive with File Stream. It's not perfect, but it is considerably more workable than Adobe.

They need to rename this part of the product Creative Cloud Stoppage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this?

I'm planning to cancel my 1TB Storage because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning on moving to DropBox today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what my team has done to counter the non-selective sync issues with CC.

1. We use Team Dropbox for our cloud storage (selective sync, permissions, user data, comments, etc).
  2. We keep our CC libraries connected and are shared amongst the team.
  3. That said we have abandoned working out of our Creative Cloud (local folder) and now all work is created in our Dropbox (local folder) with each team member controlling the selective sync.

At the end of the day, its the CC Libraries that is the makeup of our workflows.

Everything is working like magic now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my our new setup and it's working great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team did something similar, we switched to OneDrive and that resolved all our problems. Now Creative Cloud files are used only for libraries and nothing else.

I suppose that Adobe only ever really intended for their storage solution to work as a cloud solution for their Stock and Libraries, and not as a one-stop-shop file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By disable selective folder sync they can save up to lots of place for storage because they know that although they can claim 1TB storage space but nobody got a macbook with that amount of storage place lol. Forgive me for my cynicism but it is probably be the main reason why they haven't fixed this for so long time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luker65707249 While using OneDrive, are you able to collaborate like you can in CC? What does your workflow look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "collaborate like." We use it like it's just on a shared hard drive and maintain our own system of file folders and naming conventions. Most of our long-lived, shared projects are now Sketch files (the workflow is far more baked than XD), but these are not dependent on a proprietary file system to work. It doesn't currently offer a Mac OS based share link feature which is annoying, considering Dropbox does offer that convenience.

If you're using CC Files as a stock/asset reserve, I do not envy you. OneDrive, or any other service, would not be equivalent in ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

i noticed this has been a requested feature for a couple years now. Is this something that's actually coming to Creative Cloud?
I've love to use Creative Cloud as my main cloud service and not have to use dropbox anymore, and the select sync feature would be AMAZING!!!

Thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over 6 or 7 months since the last message from Adobe, seems like his BASIC feature is not going to be implemented soon 😕 Which sucks, I don't get why it was removed. Adobe says it was removed because of some features not supported with updated OS, but I don't get why MS OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive works flawlessly... it's really frustrating. Please, fix it soon, it's just unnecessary step to archive work on other cloud services and keep only the latest files on the CC, to save some disk space...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I've heard that makes any sense is that by not allowing selective sync you can't upload your full 1tb onto their servers since most people don't have 1tb or more on their SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how small the initial storage allocation for CC was, it may be that Adobe never intended the service to be used for actual creative: just libraries and such.

That said, we've been using Google Drive with File Stream and it's manageable. It's kind of a hassle for video and large PSD, but all other files work decently, including referencing linked images from within gDrive. File Stream only downloads the files you're currently working on, then when you save, it goes back into the cloud automatically (with some latency). It's not ideal for check-in/check-out processes, but you can always lock msg your team to let them know you're in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought tried this and adobe CC said it could not save pull files / save to "and external drive". maybe i'll give it another shot

thanks for the reminder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please share your interest in having this feature by voting/commenting here:  Selective Sync – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been an update to this yet? Still trying to reclaim some space on my laptop and this still hasn't been implemented as of the last update yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang two year....  WOW just showing how much Adobe cares about this issue. I started to take over a club news letter, and we are using CC as the vehicle to get our work done.  So last month, I got "your list is almost full message"  assuming I can go and selectively turn off files and leave them on the cloud.  OH WELL, NOAT IN ATHE ADOBE UNIVERSE...   back to working with off line back up drives. 

Come on guys.  this one is a no brainer.  let us selectively sync, how hard is it set a bit in a program.  IF yes, then Sync, if no then don't synch.  it is about 4 lines of code !!!!!!!

I guess I will have to find another way as I am using out of space after a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines